Ford Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Safety Commitee Tim
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok just enquiring because of a possible new car ... but my EA as you can see in my users gallery ... what would you pay for it and anybody at all interested... ??? The run down ,88 CFi 3spd GL turned s-pack, it has 2 1/2 in redback zorst, pacemakers headers, XR clear indicators, au3 repeaters, replaced grey GL bumpers with colour coded s-packs, added s-pack dour moulds, ED interior trim, EB XR polished alloys , has king springs in the back, not sure for the front , running strong hast had a problem in the time ive had it, cept for p/steering censor which was fixed , the only downside is the paint job is ailing , so all this in consideration can you please give me an idea, otherwise it's a $1000-$1500 MAX trade in on the new car ...

tim

·
Ford Appreciation Society
3,666 Posts
Rip the non standard bits you can off load easily, like indicators, stereo, wheels, exhaust, and replace them with standard stuff. Sounds like the 1000-1500 you are getting on the trade in is the bare minimum. Then sell those bits and pieces privately and trade the car in.

You'll get more overall for the car that way.

·
SBR Rules!
47 Posts
how many k's has it done? and whats the body like rustwise?

·
Safety Commitee Tim
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
weeeeell .. it's had a EA/EB/ED dash dropped into where the old GL used to be so im not sure , it says 159,000 something which i doubt for an 88 EA. The rust is in two bits on the back guards arches but will soon be fixed up, and in minor parts but nothing largely visible or what id call un fixable for lots of $$$ or un stoppable if you want it to look neat ... the let down as i said is the paint job itself .. so does anybody have any idea on the price .. ??

·
SBR Rules!
47 Posts
hmm might be interested, but i wouldnt hav a clue on the price. Whats the ballpark figure you want for it?

·
Safety Commitee Tim
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well .. my mate has offered me $3200 but im taking my stereo so i said id let him take it for $3000 , the engine is good so is interior , which is cool, as well as it look good, but up close you see all the downsides ie piant job is shitty, has a medium size dent in the right quater panel , and the air con is on/off , dont know why it got re-gased about a month ago. and the suspension is from when i got it in the front but has had kings springs and a set of monroe's put in the back so i don't know bout the rubbers. So taking all the things iv'e spent money on doing ie zorst ,replaced CAT - $1000 , indicators - $ 120 , Door moulds - $60-$70 , Immbolieser -$200 , P/steerrin censor thing + plugs and leads part was round $300 i think .. so keeping all that in mind i think $12750 - $3000 would be my ballpark region , doubt CFi 3speeds will get $3000 +

·
Safety Commitee Tim
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
only thing with my mate got posted in the army barracks at bonney doone so i didnt really wana have to road trip there to give it to him, or organize huge freight costs, altho hes paying for the travel back via flight. so i guess if there arnt any bites at my ballpark region i dunno.

·
Bourbon powered V8
4,751 Posts
I can see where you're coming from, but If you have a buyer at the price you want, i think your mad to pass it up.

·
Safety Commitee Tim
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hmm maybe im aiming too high .. i did have local sale preference .. maybe i should just whack it in the tarder at 2500 .. im sure i could get it outta me way for that. losing 500 but hey .. my new EF should be good enough i shouldnt worry .. so say maybe 2750 to anybody here in FF. or ill go 3000 maybe 2800 in trader next week.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts