Ford Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Australian Ford Member
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ford manual refers to these motors but I can't find any specs or means of identifying them. Presumably there's a low series. Anyone know what it means?

·
Territory TS - AWD
2,374 Posts
Hi EAS

I'm just guessing but would the low series be the throttle body (TBF) motors, 3.2l and 3.9l from memory while the high series would be 3.9l multi-point fuel inj. (MPFI). That seems to make sense for the EA but weren't all EB's 4.0l MPFI or was that just EBII?

·
Australian Ford Member
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You could be right. I was wondering if it was something like a police pack?

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
In the EA/B it was 3.2 and 3.9. Only EB2 went to 4.0 litre.

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
As far as i know the 3.2Ltr was dropped of the production by the time EB rolled out. Basically the 3.2L engine was rubbish.

In regards to the Hi-Series Motor it's the 3.9L with MultiPoint making 139kw as opposed to the poor mans model with Trottle Body injection making 120kw.

But the power figures don't really speak for the difference between the two. The throttle response of the lower engine was crap.

·
Australian Ford Member
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
EF_Falcon_GuY said:
In regards to the Hi-Series Motor it's the 3.9L with MultiPoint making 139kw as opposed to the poor mans model with Trottle Body injection making 120kw.

Lucky me. I've got a Hi series motor. Thanks EF.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
The 3.2L was only sold for 3months I think, and only around 200 were ever bought.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Has anyone ever seen an EA with a 3.2 motor in it?? I know it was a **** motor, but have never come across any! Just wondering thats all

·
Rail Rider
1,248 Posts
AU_guy said:
Has anyone ever seen an EA with a 3.2 motor in it?? I know it was a **** motor, but have never come across any! Just wondering thats all

Yep, nothing really different on the out side.

If they only made 200 of 'em, 20 or so are in my town. The damned things are lying everywhere.

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
They shipped the last lot they couldn't sell to N.Z

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
EA S said:

Lucky me. I've got a Hi series motor. Thanks EF.
EA S,

All the Multipoint Inline six's go pretty hard.
Your car is definitly not slow, Wheels mag quoted 15.5 1/4miles for the manual EA S multipoint. That ties it with the VL Turbo Commo.

·
Australian BA XR6 Falcon
1,249 Posts
EA S said:
Ford manual refers to these motors but I can't find any specs or means of identifying them. Presumably there's a low series. Anyone know what it means?
I don't recal hi and lo series in the Ford EA manual referring to the engine, but I know Ford use this when talking about the actual models, ie (from memory) -

Falcon GL + S/Fairmont - low series
Fairmont Ghia/Fairlane/LTD - Hi series

I suspect there is a mid series to, which might be Falcon S. If you look in the wiring diagram section, it tells you.

Kieron

·
Australian BA XR6 Falcon
1,249 Posts
AU_guy said:
Yes, my brother had one as a Taxi running on gas to, at the time he also had an XF taxi running on gas, I drove them both and wouldn't say there wasn't much in it performance wise, both where in good condition and both ran the same 3spd auto.
They have 3.2 stamped on the front of the head, so its easy to tell the difference.

IIRC, the 3.2 was dropped fairly quickly as Ford found out the VN was to be released with the 3.8mpefi as standard, making the 3.2 base motor look pretty anemic by comparison.

Kieron

·
The cat in the hat
400 Posts
3.2 motors are a plenty.....they did only run for about 7 or 8 months and they are totally gutless......climbing a hill with A/C switched on meant slowing down..:(

We had two company demos with them and a neighbour had a 5 speed manual one as well..all three were seriously lacking peformance....sorry about the typing, having a spontanious street party...!!;) ---pissed again..

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
We rented a 3.2 EA 6 seater wagon when they first came out. We thought it went pretty well. Even managed to leave rubber near the Glenorchy Police station! Then again we did own a 1960 Land Rover then.:D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts