Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some idiot in a Daewoo ran into the back of the V8 NC last night. I will need a new bumper and the Daewoo culprit is flying out of State tonight so I want to recover the cost before he flits. Does anyone know the approximate cost of a new rear bumper (it's buckled and lost the riveted on fittings that attach it)?:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :BW: :BW: :BW:

·
The cat in the hat
400 Posts
Here the short list.....

Bar centre...$138.00
Bar ends...$103.00 each
Bar reinforcement...$152.00
Rear mould...narrow chrome..$192.00
wide chrome...$76.00

All prices include GST...paint and fitting extra!!:s6:

·
Super Moderator
3,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just money

Thanks I needed that yesterday; :hy: I have just got back from Titan Ford and the Smash Repairers with two quotes .:read: :read: . But your prices at least helped confirm I wasn't being ripped off.

About $670 all up from Titan Ford. $1,400 fitted by the smash repairers.

Titans were about $2 cheaper on most parts and $10 cheaper on the bumper ends. I'm a good customer but if I go the parts way I will send my wife to get them as she always gets a better price (I dare not ask why but she is better looking than me and impresses them with her auto knowledge).

I guess I would rather do it myself (white paint isn't hard to match and really it's just removing one bumper and putting another on) but the other guys insurer may not like that. My insurers, the RAC don't mind. They let me do it the last time on my Lancer and it gave me a chance to replace the bog from prior jobs with lead. Takes longer, but I don't lose the car and I know it's done right. :bash: :hy:

·
Chromed Member
1,810 Posts
aussiblu,

have you considered maybe getting a good second hand one from the wreckers and painting it. Some fairlanes come out from the factory WITHOUT painted bumpers and would be easier to prime and paint:s6:

Anyway just a thought to put more $$$ in your pocket:s5

·
Super Moderator
3,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Too busy for searching bone yards and ..

...the other guy just phoned and his insurance is paying so I'll go with new bits.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts