Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Australian Ford Member
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the best value for money extractors and exhaust system for an EA S pack 3.9mpi 5sp in (a) stock form and (b) with mild cam and maybe programmable or matched (Chiptorque) chip?

·
Australian Falcon Member
865 Posts
Hi EA S,

I've heard that 3-2-1 style extractors work well on these engines - ie. Genie put out a set like that.

That's hearsay of course - what I can tell you for sure is that my 2-3-1 set DON'T work!! (I'll be having a set of 3-2-1's put on in a couple of months).

If you can possibly manage it, try and find someone who's had definite success with a specific setup and copy that - with any luck just such a person will post here.

·
Cant All Fords Be 5Spd
227 Posts
This EA I know is getting Extrators put on it I hope they work for him
I am pretty sure they will give him ones that work good on his engine
how many more KW do extractors and exaust put out??

·
Registered
229 Posts
The HM Headers extractors and 2.5" system adds about 9% power i think. I am looking at getting a set for my ea. They claimed that i would get about a 15 rwkw gain. I got a quote of about $1500 fitted from an exhaust shop and about $1000 or so from ford not fitted. The extractors are stainless so i think it's good value for money. I'll let everyone know when i have them fited the difference it makes.......

·
100 SPEED LIMITED SILVAEA
1,043 Posts
i cant complain about my pacemaker/2.5 mandrell bent 6.0lt high flow cat with staight thru muffler set up on my ea i dropped half a second of my quater mile time. the set up cost me $1050.00-money well spent if you ask me
ps. the sound id bloody AWESOME!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts