Ford Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering would it be illegal to have a bonnet scoop that could be removed and a air filter coming out of the bonnet, I know pod filters are illegal in some places but if they were not how far out of the bonnet can the sit???

Also

Is it illegal to cruise around with out a bonnet on the car as I have seen some people doing it latley???

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
Pretty sure it's illegal for anything to stick outta the bonnet. It'd be very ugly if you cleaned up a pedestrian.

No bonnet, I can imagine that being rather unhealthy too.

·
"Steve has a car?"
2,207 Posts
Yer doesn't mean because people do it that it's legal. As for a scoop, not sure on your location, but here in vic there is a limit according to how high it can be, what angle, and I beleive has something to do with how much of the road ahead you can see until the scoop gets in the way. Check with Vic roads or whatever your equivalent is in your state :p They should give you a free copy of the rules and regulations for modifying cars, which will include laws on bonnet scoops...

·
400 kg ego
6,188 Posts
Further to what Steven said, print out a copy of those laws so if you get pulled over you can enlighten the cop.

·
Village Idiot
2,526 Posts
No bonnet= illegal. As its structual.
Same may apply to scoops if fitted wronge.

Pod filter is usually right if fitted properly.
And anything protruding from your car is usually illegal aswell.
Aswell as neons, etc, as it may 'dazzle' a on comming driver.

And here, if a cops having a bad night, u will get done for extractors and ehaust if u dont have a permit.
Tinting tail lights is also illegal ;) But not many get done for it

·
Registered
103 Posts
I don't know about WA but in Vic it seems to be that the word "illegal" is defined by the cop who pulled you over, as above^^ if he's having a bad night or isn't getting any at home then all of a sudden everything is illegal! It also seems to depend on what sort of car you drive, a 1967 rust bucket piece of sh*t can have no tread, holes in the exhaust and no seat-belts as long as the driver is over 30 but a well kept car with aftermarket exhaust and firmer suspension owned by a P plater can be canaried for nothing....

·
2,922 Posts
Pod filters are illegal in NSW, in case you live there! Legal until you get caught :angel:

Cheers... Tim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts