Ford Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, I might be selling my car to a mate, but I don't know if I am selling it for enough, the amount of time, care, and money that has gone into it is making me not want to sell it unless it's for the right price.

MY CAR:
1997 el falcon 156xxxkm (i6)
Pedders lowered shocks Dobinsons springs, (nice ride height)
17in rims in low profile tyres
roll cage
after market tinted windows, (rear is double tinted)
redback 2 1/2in high flow cat and exhaust, (big chrome tip)
JMM race series extractors
JMM streetfighter head AU steel head gasket
JMM dev 5 cam and H/D valvesprings
modified air intake + pod filter
5 speed manual H/D clutch
Kenwood head unit, coustic 6x9 in the rear, 175 watt Sony explode amp and 8in sub in parcel shelf.

It has 150 rwkw, I could have a higher peak power but decided to broaden the torque curve for better streetability.

I drive my car very cautiously, (usually only rev to 2 grand) except for the very occassional quick squirt to show those VT V8 boys who's boss!!

With a full RWC what would you guys/gals expect to pay.

· MoreHPformyXR6
83 Posts
G'Day mate not really shore how much your E series is worth. But realisticly how much would you be able to sell it for privately?
Using that figure as a guide i take it you wish to give your mate a betta price than that?

· Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It started off at $10,000 which I thought was fair, considering ford wanted to buy it for 10-12,000. But it's slowly windeling it's way down to 9000, and now nearly into the 8's, I just don't think I could find anything even close to my car's condition to buy if I sold it.

· MoreHPformyXR6
83 Posts
xfspacsix said:
It started off at $10,000 which I thought was fair, considering ford wanted to buy it for 10-12,000. But it's slowly windeling it's way down to 9000, and now nearly into the 8's, I just don't think I could find anything even close to my car's condition to buy if I sold it.
Why dont you forget about selling it & keep it then?
At least u know what u have got.

· Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bean
the sub in the parcel shelf(8") fits straight in the centre, I didn't cut the carpet it slides in underneath, I got the sub for free off a mate, and with a bigger amp would sound even better.

otsile
The roll cage is'nt in the car but can be easily fitted, the car is exactly what he is after, he has driven it a few times and loves it.

· Registered
2,876 Posts
never go by that book its a guideline

honestly looking at mods and cars k's etc
i see stocko's go for 3-6k with low k's
so a mod'd one maybe 9-10k
if i had the cash i would offer 8k but thats just wheel'n n dealing for you ;)

i would keep it mate,if your keen to go faster save and go turbo'd :)
dont worry about the vt's then go chase down the LS2 boys then :)

· Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well I won't be doing that, just sold it for ten with roadworthy. The roadworthy tester said he tested 4 other falcons that day of the same age, and mine was in far better condition than all of them. The only things it needed was front brake pads, speakers to be bolted down and the spare tyre secured properly. It just shows if your kind to your car, your car will be kind to you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.