Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to buy a stack of new polish, wax, wheel cleaner etc etc and I was wondering which is the best. I have used Meguiars in the past and found it very good. Just wondering what you all think. Cheers.

·
Banned
555 Posts
meguirs scratch X is the best there is. it is designed to pull out scrathes by hand but really gives any resonable paint a great finish, only prob is its epensive to do the whole car in it.

·
Falcon 2.. Ferrari 0 hehe
1,290 Posts
meguires, and i also like finish 2001.. that one in the green bottle, thats good too

·
Falcontastic.
6,039 Posts
Like all other's have said Meguiar's,I find this stuff very good.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Well I am going to go against the grain here. While Megs is good, if you are prepared to spend a little more, you can get some really good stuff.
Personally I use Menzerna polishes, Klasse polymer sealant and S100 carbanuba wax. The S100 can be found locally at Harley shops, but the rest is imported from the states.
And if you are going to use Megs regardless ( which I get the feeling you are ), wait for the new product they have coming out called NXT Wax.
A good forum for car detailing is here Autopia - not sure if its ok to link to another forum or not...
but it is full of information and products you probably didnt even know existed.
This is all my stuff for detailing...

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
Just bought brand new XR8 and have been searching the net for the best and everything points to this ZAINO brothers stuff I have never heard of any one know if you can get it in AUS?

·
Banned
3,104 Posts
Bugger me and to think I just hose it off before a meet....:p

·
Registered
10,552 Posts
I am a zaino fanatic. Of course I have gotten a few requests for this. I will have to get back to you guys tomorrow. Have to get my new price sheet.

·
If Only I Had Lexus Power
827 Posts
I use meguiars but have seen autoglym productspriced between $80 and $100 for a smallish tub of polish

·
FPV & XR Club Owners ACT
463 Posts
I don't touch anything other product other then Meguires. Oh actually tel a lie, my mag cleaner is Polyglaze, Foam, This stuff is the goods, spray on and hose, wipe off.

After wash if it is in good condition I use Final Inspection 24. Leaves a smooth soft finish.

·
Lamahs approve of manuals
1,382 Posts
redGhia said:
I use meguiars but have seen autoglym productspriced between $80 and $100 for a smallish tub of polish
I've used some of the Autoglym polishes - it did a pretty good job . . .

·
boosted sleeper
4,560 Posts
I dont know if anyone has mentioned this but I recommend meguiars! :hehe:

(another band wagon supporter)

·
Shaken Not Stirred
328 Posts
I didnt realise that Autoglym was available here in Aus. I used to always use it in Scotland, that stuff is magic! Would never touch anything else...only drawback was, it was very expensive!

·
Registered Abuser
352 Posts
Yeah, like most of you, I tend to stick with Meguiar's products. I don't use their polymer based ones because I feel they create a build up over time. Also, I don't use wheel cleaners because some are too acidic, and it's just as easy using regular car wash and a sponge after you've washed the rest of the car.

Oh, almost forgot, Meguiar's products smell nice!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts