Ford Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
My local Ford dealer is selling AU2 wagons with XR nose cones and XR rims. What is Ford up to?

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
interesting... it could be a dealer-only run though.

i remember seeing AU Classics at Brad Garlic Ford FTE last year that were dumped on their ass, had a tickford bodykit, 18" Azzuro wheels and an aftermarket exhaust, but no one know what were they.

·
Registered
372 Posts
They are most definitely dealer mock ups! There is one at Hornsby Ford, A Forte 6 cyl. wagon, brand new, and it was $44,500!!! a bit overpriced for a Forte, it did look good though.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Hi guys,
As the very happy owner of a EF manual XR6 wagon, I feel this is the type of thing where Ford has really lost the plot.
Forte's with XR equipment - why not order a genuine one by optioning. Start with a wagon, throw in the XR running gear, sports interior, nice wheels etc and I reckon you'd have a decent machine.
It would be even nice to have a V8/5 speed option in a standard wagon!!

Just my two bobs worth
Paul B

·
Bradley :)
24 Posts
hmm , cmon guys you cant go past two doors .. lol ... go the ute !!

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
It was the Hornsby Ford dealer. Doesn't really make the XR look exclusive if it is appearing on a Forte. That's one advantage that Ford had over Holden......too many look alikes in the Holden range. BTW...I assume that you all have read the Wheels comparison....Looks like XR8 rules in most ways

·
Bradley :)
24 Posts
LOL , bout time someone wrote a 'non biased' piece of journalism.. go the fords .. holden will never be the company ford is ..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts