Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
AU XR6HP Owner
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any opinions
Examples
Allan moffat winning back to back 70,71.
1971 the phase 3's finishing 1-2-3-5-6
Sierra's killing the holdens and every other make in the late 80's
Radisich winning our only round victory last year (you had to be at sandown to appreciate it)

·
AU XR6HP Owner
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry i forgot the 1977 1-2 victory, don't know how but i did.
Another one is the 4 endurance vitories in a row
Phillip Island 500 Mile
1962 Falcon XL Bob Jane/dunno the other driver

Bathurst 500 Mile
1963 Cortina GT Bob Jane/Harry Firth
1964 Cortina GT Bob Jane/George Reynolds
1965 Cortina GT500 Bo Seton/Midge Bosworth

·
Mr. Embargo
3,745 Posts
The 77 1-2 would have to be it for me.

Another great moment (although not a win as such) was Bathurst 92 when Glenn Seton unveiled his EB Falcon at Bathust, and did really well in the top 10. DJ got pole in the Sierra in 2m12.89s meanwhile Brock only managed a 2m16s!. Brock didn't get off the start line at first! The GT-R of Richards + Skaife crash! The GT-R wins the race :mad: and Richards has a fit on the podium..."You're a pack of A*holes" :s6:

92 had everything, except a win, but seeing a falcon again made up for that.

·
Hawthorn Supporter
1,808 Posts
When Glenn Seton finally wins Bathurst , that will be my most memorable motorsport moment and the '94 Bathurst when Johnson/Bowe won with the first Falcon victory in 10 years........that was a great feeling. :s6:

·
Hawthorn Supporter
1,808 Posts
When Seton finally wins Bathurst, that will be my most memorable motorsport moment. :s6:

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
GMS, didnt you already say that in the thread above?

·
Ford Focus WRC Driver.
761 Posts
When Colin McRae wins the 2001 WRC Driver's Championship this coming weekend with the rest of the Ford crew injecting enough points for Ford to win the WRC manufacturer's title from the Peugeot boys :s2:

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Dick Johnson going bush in the Greens Tuff XE during Top 10 shootout at Bathurst in the 80's. And then the crew rebuilding a new shell to get him out on the track the next day.

·
Territory TS - AWD
2,374 Posts
Falchoon said:
Dick Johnson going bush in the Greens Tuff XE during Top 10 shootout at Bathurst in the 80's.....
Yes, that was exiting, I was there!:s2:

I guess this all depends on your timeframe but for me the Moffat 1-2 sticks in the memory.

Then there was his all-conquering Mustang, a bit before my time but legend has it there was one hell of a race between his Stang and 'Pete' Geoghegans super-GTHO back when there were regular rounds at Bathurst.

Now that woulda been something to see.

·
Territory TS - AWD
2,374 Posts
Originally posted by ME
Now that woulda been something to see.
Just found an article I had read once. I know some of you would have seen it before but well worth a (re)Read.

From the site above;
..where legend has it ‘Pete’ Geoghegan won by 6/10’s of a second from Allan Moffat in what is still regarded as the greatest touring car race in Australia’s history.
and from the Shell Series website Hall-of-Fame;
Geoghegan was a major player in the Championship in the early 70’s and his victory over Allan Moffat at Bathurst on Easter Monday in 1972 is still regarded by those who saw it, as the greatest race ever run in this country.

·
EA Falcon owner
1,242 Posts
any time ford have won a race at bathurst and anytime ford have won at sandown.
and therat and JR's win at QLD500 thisyear

·
Shhh, we're hunting Lions
1,610 Posts
Anytime Ford beats Holden (doesn't happen enough).

Le Mans victories with the GT40 would rate very high.
2nd or 3rd place (I can't remember) by the XR GT in that round the world rally.
Fords sensational F1 dominating DVF engine would have to be classed as a legend in F1.

·
sideways instructor
408 Posts
Most memorable when the 1967 XR FALCON won bathurst when race first seen V8's then the best will come in 2002 when ford come and win the championship

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
Moffat/Bond's cruise to a 1-2 victory - by a country mile!!

Taking pritesh's prediction one-step further, Lowndes/Crompton and a 2nd GMS (or whatever the team is called) doing a similar cruise in 2002.

·
Mistress Death Metal ;)
1,372 Posts
Definately the 1-2 victory. Never get sick of watching the rerun of them crossing the finish line on the video we have here at work.

:hy:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts