Ford Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Lord of the RC
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did this change only happen in the last few hours ?

its an interesting look, quite crowded tho but interesting

Cheers

Chris

·
Banned
555 Posts
dont know bout everyone else but i dont like th constant changes, so many things to look at then they all get mixed up again.

·
YES its a 5 Speed!!
2,242 Posts
i like it..... makes it quick and accesible.... good stuff! :hy:

·
Senior Events Moderator
1,710 Posts
Yeah it save's me having to open up forums to get so sub forums. It also shows new users to the forums that there are sub forums under those heading. I really like it. We have just gone through a big change and LunaticSVT is just fine tuning, do doubt soon it will be on hold for a while.

·
Registered
10,552 Posts
The addition of the subforums is a little thing to help with everyone so that they can see that there is a forum for their vehicles. So that they can see there are more than just what they currently see on the front page. Many people do not cruise into the areas to see these forums/subforums and thus do not know they are there. This feature now allows you to be able to go directly to the subforum that you wish without having to load an extra page to get to the list. You can also see what areas have new posts with the highlighted icon next to the subforum name.

Some think that it is a bit crowded. If so then please explain on how you would go about showing that there are more forums than what you see on the front page. Now this is not to be an ass or anything it is an honest question. Since this site has to cover all cars then how are we going to accomplish this?

BTW since the descriptions were removed from the front page it is only taking up the same amount of space.

Changes being made. The bulk of the changes have been done. As far as placement of things they have remained true to where they were in MOST cases with the exception of a few things. There has not been any real change to the layout. A few things that users do not use have changed drastically. There is the loss of buttons all over the place that were replaced with dropdown DHTML menus, but other than that the basic structure and forum layout has been retained. Now knowing that the majority of the changes have occured it is only small little tweaks that are happening now.

·
Registered
774 Posts
It is more practical LunaticSVT and that’s what web browsing really comes down to, making things more accessible. There’s no doubt it looks more crowded but if it makes things easier we can't complain. 1 less page to open. I agree with it, showing what’s in the forum will open up a whole new world for some that don’t know what’s in them. (vehicle specific threads etc)

·
Lord of the RC
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LunaticSVT said:
Some think that it is a bit crowded. If so then please explain on how you would go about showing that there are more forums than what you see on the front page. Now this is not to be an ass or anything it is an honest question. Since this site has to cover all cars then how are we going to accomplish this?
Not taking it as being an ass at all, its a very good question :)

Im not to sure what i would do as i havent done anything with pages/forums in quite a long time at all

I like all the other changes, especially the DHTML menus, i think they are excellent, and very easy to use and get to the exact point i want to go.

I'm think the idea behind having allt he subforums is good, to show everyone that there are more forums, just on first initial impressions, it looks crowded thats all.... maybe having a selection of the more popular sub forums, and that way people would " hopefully " guess that there are more forums or a link that simply states " more..."

Just a couple of ideas that took about 1 second to think of hehe ;)

Other then that as JADED6 says, if it makes it easier certainly cant complain :)

Love the site

Cheers

Chris

·
The Third Power
1,332 Posts
my opinion is the layout looks like crap displaying the subforums but it provides great level of functionality.

I hated navigating through forums to get to sub forums this method is quick and easy, just looks like crap.

I made my way here just to say I liked the level of functionality provided, perhaps and expand\collapse forum structure may be the key or else the only real option is to limit the number of sub forums

good effort

1 - 8 of 8 Posts