Ford Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've lost the special nut to open my wheel nuts.
Does anyone know the easy way to open it? or is there any special tool to do the job?
I have asked the dealer and they'll charge me $160 for labor only!!!

·
I love my FORD!
480 Posts
use your teeth... its that easy.
:)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dawal5 said:
use your teeth... its that easy.
:)
Sorry, I am too old and don't have any tooth left.
If you are younger enough and want to help pls come over and give me a "tooth" :priest:

·
Registered
917 Posts
xare6t said:
Sorry, I am too old and don't have any tooth left.
If you are younger enough and want to help pls come over and give me a "tooth" :priest:
Go buy a pair of vice grips and have at it .

·
I love my FORD!
480 Posts
atec77 said:
Go buy a pair of vice grips and have at it .
but of course... that'll endanger your wheels....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Get a multi hex socket the same size as the wheel nut, be prepared to destroy the socket and smack it on with a hammer then undo.

·
Banned
1,386 Posts
its good to see this information so freely given out with out a thought... new user, 26 posts... Yeah - good one!

·
Super Moderator
3,754 Posts
...and try a google search for at least 1,001 other answers. Any thief would have the answer already before looking here.

·
THE PHANTOM
251 Posts
You can buy these. in sa there is a place called Galaxie Manufacturing. You drive in and they try a few 'til one fits. I did this for my AU. Cost was close to 20 or so dollars.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you all the inputs :hy: , I saved $154, enough to buy everyone here a beer?? :priest:
Here is what I saw when I took the wheel out, come on Ford, you know it is going to be rust and cover it with a black..... metal sheet :booty:
What do you think?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I know this has been answered now but just for an interesting comparison ...

I was in a similar situation although my lock nut adapter thing was already lost when i bought the car ...

Went to Bob Jane they told me i'd have to leave the car for half a day and there would be a risk of wheel damage ...

Went to Tempe tyres ... they charged me $30 for the removal of the old ones and supply of new lock nuts ... it took them 10 minutes on the spot ....

·
BA Barracus
95 Posts
jas24zzk said:
Futura,
whilst i echo your sentiment, lets face it, security devices are only there to deter the reasonably honest.

Jas
Indeed they are. :beerbottl

·
BA Barracus
95 Posts
xare6t said:
Thank you all the inputs :hy: , I saved $154, enough to buy everyone here a beer?? :priest:
Here is what I saw when I took the wheel out, come on Ford, you know it is going to be rust and cover it with a black..... metal sheet :booty:
What do you think?
Invest in some hi-temp paint, thats what i did to both my XR's, beats lookin at rusty rotors. :beerbottl

1 - 16 of 16 Posts