Ford Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am pretty sure the New Wheels mag is out today and I was wondering if anyone has seen it yet?

G

·
0 Posts
You're right it supposed to be out today but no doubt for some of us who get it in the mail will have to wait a week or so. :(

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Speaking of mags.. does anyone know of any decent Car mags based in the UK?
I'm trying hard not to read the latest motor and wheels and such 'cause I'll need something to read while we're travelling and all. I know the BBC show has a mag out but i don't know of any others...

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There are a few good mags but there won't be much Australian content. Car is one I read alot and recommend. Well written with good stories.

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
Yep, Car is good, self-confessed Ford fans!

Evo is another one that's not too bad.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Sweet.. Missus is gunna kill me.. We go to the other side of the planet and I go and buy car mags!! Some folks ya just can't help can you.. ;)

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Yeah haven't seen it in the news agents yet. I'm guessing it will have the Xr8 and SS comparo, wonder what times Wheels will be getting for both the cars.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
BSR
2,279 Posts
Ford Man said:
Speaking of mags.. does anyone know of any decent Car mags based in the UK?
I'm trying hard not to read the latest motor and wheels and such 'cause I'll need something to read while we're travelling and all. I know the BBC show has a mag out but i don't know of any others...

I read Max Power.......not everyones cuppa of tea, but i love modified Uk cars

·
Ford Member
1,156 Posts
Another good UK publication is EVO.

They have done quite a few comparisons with the HSV GTS-R's against the europe brigade. They have a website at www.evo.co.uk with a forum..

The HSV's are userally seen as a M5 but with more agressive written all over it, which is what the british seem to like. Alot of people in the forums seem to like em. They occasionally talk about the Ford Falcon and how they wished someone would import them...

They don't export the SS to the Uk, I would have thought the XR8 would do quite well..

·
Aussie Falcon Enthusiast
478 Posts
While we're talking car rags, here's a few i buy religiously. In fact I subscribe to 2 of them.

5.0 Mustang & Super Fords
Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords
Motor Trend
Car & Driver

Yes all yank rags but they're good reading.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
HSE2 said:
Car is one I read alot and recommend.
Went for a stroll down the newsagent today and grabbed the july 2001 copy of Car. It's got an article on the Focus RS and the new T-Bird.. Thought I'd grab it for the plane.. Haven't fully read the articles yet but they seem to be impressed with both from what I flipped through..

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ford Man said:

Went for a stroll down the newsagent today and grabbed the july 2001 copy of Car. It's got an article on the Focus RS and the new T-Bird.. Thought I'd grab it for the plane.. Haven't fully read the articles yet but they seem to be impressed with both from what I flipped through..
Have the same edition and the stories are pretty good

·
Early Ford Member
277 Posts
You're probably right, IPhido, the Poms would probably take to the Falcon real well. As the saying goes, "Give the British two tons of steel, and they'll make something ugly." You saw their Focus! LOL...

·
Australian Ford Member
252 Posts
EF_Falcon_GuY said:
Yeah haven't seen it in the news agents yet. I'm guessing it will have the Xr8 and SS comparo, wonder what times Wheels will be getting for both the cars.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
A drumroll pleassssse....

Falcon XR8: 14.8/154
0-100 in 6.6

Then they broke the Correvit - it fell off the SS at 100mph.
:eek:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts