Ford Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
V8 ute driver!
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i was just wonderin what size wheels people have been puttin on there BA ute's or i AU's as they are the same size wheel arches i think?
I was thinkin about goin 18x8's but maybe i could fit 18x9's on?
I will be lowering it as well, so any stories about experiances people have had put big wheels on would be sweet.

Thanking you's in advance...Nath

·
Registered
594 Posts
BA XR utes have slightly more room on the inside of the rear wheel arches, as they were fitted with the 250 Pursuit tray liner and tray.

I had 18x8s on my AU ute. Still got 'em if your interested.ROH Access.

·
V8 ute driver!
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nah i'm lookin at some sweet Racing Hart 2 peice's. Dunno wether they make em to fit or if i can afford them but they look firkin sweet.

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
I have not yet found a 19 inch wheel that will fit over my ute's Brembos (at a reasonable cost and a design I like). Bummer.

·
Blue Blood
1,375 Posts
flavze said:
Hey i was just wonderin what size wheels people have been puttin on there BA ute's or i AU's as they are the same size wheel arches i think?
I was thinkin about goin 18x8's but maybe i could fit 18x9's on?
I will be lowering it as well, so any stories about experiances people have had put big wheels on would be sweet.

Thanking you's in advance...Nath

XRCHIK (see threadThe Showroom, "Work in progress - BA XR8 Ute" I believe has 275/35/18 on the rear with 18"x9" (or 18"x9.5" I can't really remember). The thread has piccies Heaps of room at the rear. Fronts are 18"x8" with 245/35/18

Thats one sexy ute :)

·
V8 ute driver!
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey AP, check out www.racinghart.com, it redirects ya to a different website..something like dazz motorsport or somethin but it has racinghart wheels in it's wheels section.
They have some nice wheels, only new releases. Sizez range from 18 to 20's, being 2 peice two peice they should be able to get an offset that would fit ok. They also have 1 peice verions available as well.
It's an american website but i have seen the wheels advertised in Oz.

·
7,777 Posts
The guy I buy all my wheels and tyres off had a nice surprise for me when I went over last week. He had a set of ROH Modenas in 19x9 front and rear with Yokohama 245/35x19. No problems at all and no rubbing or fouling (being an AU ute the front guards have been lipped although that was required for the previous 18x8s anyhow).

I'm going for 9s front and rear as well. That way rotation won't be a problem.

·
V8 ute driver!
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hmm i was gonna go 18x8 fronts and 18x9 rears on my XR8, but if 19x9's will fit in the front i guess 18x9's shouldn't be much of a problem!
firkin $$$$$$ might though! :(

·
7,777 Posts
For the wheels I am looking at 9 inch is only $60 more than 8 inch. And you'll save that in tyres and tyre life from being able to rotate the tyres and all that (instead of having to strip and fit tyres).

·
7,777 Posts
I ordered four 19x9 FR19 Simmons today 13-Jan-04 so hopefully in about two months all will be good. Luckily the dealer let me put in a part deposit versus some other dealers who insisted on 100% up front.

·
V8 ute driver!
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sweet, can't wait to see some pics AP.
What size tyres you going to run on them?

·
7,777 Posts
245/35x19. yes, I chose silver because unfortunately Mercury Silver is not an easy colour to contrast with my preferred finish - charcoal. The standard Simmons charcoal colour simply wasn't dark enough and it was a 'colder' colour than the Mercury. And the black doesn't look right in my opinion.

Like I said all along, if Lightning silver was available I would have gone that and had the charcoal rims - SWEET!

·
Registered
37 Posts
245s on a 9" rim?? That'll be a stretch...
I got 255s on my 9" rears, and they look stretched. I'd hate to see the 245s.
Watch your tyre wear.

·
7,777 Posts
The wheel dealer has 245s on his 9s and they look good.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts