Ford Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
100% Speeding (when safe)
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wreckon these would sell fantastically!

What better farm ute could there be, a V8 5.4L Quad Cam 4x4 jacked up falcon ute!!

I always hear farmers cant get 4x4 utes in automatic, and there is a demand for this, so thats something Ford could go for.

This ute would have crazy grip!
Imagine reving it to 5000, dumping the clutch, having 4 huge tyres scrambling for grip, and you're away to 100 km/h in 4 seconds flat!!, well maybe 5 second flat!

You know how a WRX when revved to redline, then the clutch is dumped, is about 7 second to 100, but if you only rev it to 3000 or so, so the tyres bog down, it gets about an 8.5 or so. (thats right, your standard falcon is faster than that!, its just the WRX's initial grip that drops the times down, i have tested my ED against standard WRX's with rolling starts, and the Ford wins every time (I just have a few light mods(exhaust etc)))

So if this is the case for the Ute, if you had a GTHO falcon doing 5.0 seconds to 100, you should hit 4 seconds with the same motor in a 4x4 ute.

I can't wait!!

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Grunter said:
Pics of ute, for your viewing pleasure...
Thank-you young Grunter.. Muchly appreciated.. :s6:

·
Crazed Cone Chaser
2,524 Posts
I dont know about those photos.....I reckon it could be a setup by wheels.

notice that you cant see a diff under the front, which would either mean...its a FWD setup type 4x4, or it doesnt have 4x4 at all.

to me it just doesnt look like a test mule should look.

[/RANT]

Anyways...it does look good and I reckon they will sell like hotcakes, Holden ute...whats a holden ute?

·
Australian Probe Member
841 Posts
Just as well GP agrees with us & the project's a goer, subject to some Victoria Govt. approvals (funds??).
PS This is 4WD at this stage no mention of AWD; the differences are subtle but significant.

·
Territory TS - AWD
2,374 Posts
QUOTE]Originally posted by (\/)ADXF
.........Holden ute...whats a holden ute? [/QUOTE]

Hahahaha, Good one. :s6:

Dad.....What's a Hilux? (or Rodeo or Triton or Navara etc, etc.)

Well son, it's what some of the country folk used to have before they all brought Fords.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts