Ford Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a '01 Coupe (V6,5Spd) last month and I'm
wondering what opinions everyone has about chips
they may have used (jet,diablo,etc.)? I'm also upgrading the 15" rims to GT 17's and I'm guessing
they should slide right on. A Mustang is a Mustang I figure, although the front looks like it would be close to the shock-strut. GT owners
is that how it looks to you?

Thanks,
Ron
fullmonte60

·
Multi Mustang Member
6 Posts
Hey Ron,

Putting GT rims on a V6 is no problem at all...at least for the '99-'01s (earlier years too, probably). I've got the Premium GT wheels (AKA Bullitt rims) on my V6 coupe...they bolted right up.

Your speedometer will just be a *tad* off. It's so minor, it's not even worth worrying about. Something like 1/2 mph. But one thing I have noticed since I changed wheels...my gas mileage has decreased slightly. With the 15s, I would get about 290 miles out of 13.x gallons. Now, out of the same amount of gas, I'm lucky to get 275 miles. (I could probably also attribute the mileage decrease to running the A/C all summer...so don't lose hope)

BTW, where in Maryland are you? I live in the Annapolis area...have a Rio Red '99 coupe.

Frank

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've bolted them on & they look great. I'm in Forest Hill. I've also put in a diablosport chip & magnaflow cat-back w/an h-pipe. Big difference. The coupe is Laser Red. Do you know of anyone who has put the V6 undrive pulley kit in? Any adverse effects?

Ron
fullmonte60

1 - 3 of 3 Posts