Ford Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Now With 9 inch LSD Diff
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi just reading the article on larry perkins, which says that dumbrell will race a vx til mid year, I was wondering if there was any rules regarding when they must move from vx-vy and au-ba. Is there any because I thought a year would be long enough for them to do that.

·
Registered
244 Posts
So far as I am aware it is a 'two-year' lead time. That will effectively allow for Perkins to run a VX this year.

·
Registered
261 Posts
FM said:
Same as what I have heard. Simple rule is when they go to VY they canny go back!
Yeah but it is only the engine (Aurora/HMS whatever) they were originally talking about. The Blueprint rules are designed for the BA and full VY car and not a hybrid.

Holden teams were not allowed to run a VY with a VX engine this year but have been given an extension. So Holden can run a VX, a VY with the Chev engine again or a VY with the Aurora engine.

·
Just give me an excuse...
3,949 Posts
I thought for this season they ALL had to be running either a BA or VY no hybrids or anything.

·
Registered
582 Posts
"I thought for this season they ALL had to be running either a BA or VY no hybrids or anything."

no that would be to close to fair

:wnc: :wnc: :wnc:

·
Registered
22 Posts
There were a couple of articles in Auto Action late last year that i noticed. Firstly the one stating that Holden can now indefinitely keep their 18-degree Chevrolet engines and continue to use them in their cars. So now the Holden teams have a choice on what engine they want to use. Yes i know that once they change to the new engine they cant go back to the old one, but it still gives them an advanage for the time being to chose what one puts out more horsepower for them.

But on the same page there was an article saying that some Ford teams (they hinted at SBR) are investigating using a new High Port cylinder heads used in US racing for them to use over here.
However Holden Motorsport boss Ray Borrett seems to have had a whinge about it saying "Project Blueprint has now been signed off and agreed, and there should be no changes to that because we now have mechanical equivalence"

But correct me if im wrong but the way i read it is that Project Blueprint was changed for Holden so they could keep running their old 18-Degree Chevrolet engines that were supposed to be fazed out at the end of the year. But when it comes to Ford wanting to change something they have a big whinge. Why cant Ford get a new Cylinder head as well seeing that the one currently used has been around since the category started in 1993? I know Holden got their new engine to supposably get mechanical equivalence, but the speed at which Murphy went around Bathurst i dont think there was a problem with the old engine at all.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Bugger anything fair, this is the V8Supercars people...

Let them have their Hybrib VX, VY's, give them a bloody VZ or VE for all I care, we're gonna kick their a**'s again just like we did in 2003!

GO FORD! :p

·
AUTS50 #012
1,001 Posts
Night_Lurker said:
I thought for this season they ALL had to be running either a BA or VY no hybrids or anything.
Same here!!! full spec BA and VY is what I was told in 2004. What the f#%k is project Blueprint for if this sort of s**tty concessions for Holden keep on going?. When the HMS Engine was being introduced there was talk that it is a much better engine with more HP than the Ford, but I still thought that's ok as at least it'll be a even playing field and make good racing, but this extension on the old motor for Holden is just Bulls**t!! When will you ever get things right AVESCO?
*excuse language, had to get it off chest*

·
Registered
244 Posts
I thought the question on this thread was the body (as opposed to engine). So far as I'm aware there is a two year lead time on upgrading vehicle models.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Why is there so much talk about running VXs, when there's still plenty of AUs running around (with a revised front spoiler no less)? Sure, I'd like to see all new cars out there too, but why not enjoy having 4 body shapes racing instead of only 2 while we can?

As for the engine situation, they're probably allowing the older design Chev to stay in to save teams having to go and and buy whole new race engines and spares. I don't think they're doing it to give Holden teams "a choice".

·
Now With 9 inch LSD Diff
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
98Club said:
Why is there so much talk about running VXs, when there's still plenty of AUs running around (with a revised front spoiler no less)? Sure, I'd like to see all new cars out there too, but why not enjoy having 4 body shapes racing instead of only 2 while we can?

As for the engine situation, they're probably allowing the older design Chev to stay in to save teams having to go and and buy whole new race engines and spares. I don't think they're doing it to give Holden teams "a choice".
When i started the thread i was only talking about updating to the later style of body. This was not a ford biased have a go at holden for running VX thread. LOL

Anyway I think that a year should be long enough as it makes the series look like it is unfair as some people still have the old cars etc.

As for engine I think they should all have to upgraded for the 2004 season if you cannot iron the bugs out of an engine in a year then they will never be de bugged. LOL (new word)

anyway thanks to all for replyin and clearing up just what the rules are!

·
Registered
407 Posts
98Club said:
Why is there so much talk about running VXs, when there's still plenty of AUs running around (with a revised front spoiler no less)?
That isn't true. At the end of last season there were 3 AU's still competing, that been #10, #23, #99. This year the only one to have not upgraded to a BA will be #99. That is one AU compared with a multitude of hybrid VY's and VX's.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Im sure the Rules will be "bent" for holden again this year. To get the "back in the game". I hope the entire Ford Crew show those Holden SCUM what we are made of!

·
Registered
261 Posts
JamesM said:
That isn't true. At the end of last season there were 3 AU's still competing, that been #10, #23, #99. This year the only one to have not upgraded to a BA will be #99. That is one AU compared with a multitude of hybrid VY's and VX's.
If you mean Thexton in #99 you are wrong. He will have a brand new BA to debut at the GP.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts