Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have a 07 Marquis with 69 K. I bought the car three years ago with 45 K I believe. Anyway, in that time, replaced tires and brakes, a serpentine belt, battery and alternator. The alternator is a reman which I bought in September of last year. My question is, in the future, if need replacing, when would you buy new over remanufactured for lets say: starter, ac compressor, oil pump, power steering pump, etc.? I'm sure I'm missing some parts for the engine. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
1,211 Posts
Personally, I prefer to buy from Auto Zone over others because they have lifetime warranties and they have a brick and mortar to get/swap parts.

I like using oem parts and prefer them but I’ve been more focused on the warranty now so even if the part is defective it can be replaced for free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
21,555 Posts
Always buy OEM where possible as long as you can afford it and price is not exorbitant .Better quality and saves you the hassle of having to replace , possibly many times and subsequent claims under warranty . Also reduces the potential of any failing parts whilst on the road in breakdowns .

·
Super Moderator
1,627 Posts
A large part of your decision depends on how long you plan to keep the car. OEM parts always seem to work better and last longer for me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts