Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an automatic probe gt 1993 i wanted to get an engine swap . i want it bassically a new engine. i have search up online and cant find a good site. you know tells me specs of engine like redline . how much hp . etc... if someone can link me to a good site that sells new engines i would apperciate it thanks everyone who takes some time to read this.

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
Yep we bought same KLZE engine/auto for $1500 Sydney at SSS.Pay to replace mains seals ,water pump and cam belt...Fit distributor from old/ original engine if they are different as the Aussie one's have internal coil..The wireing and cap etc is different...

·
Australian Probe Member
841 Posts
I'm pretty sure he's from the US. The GT designation is not normally associated with Aussie Probes and was used in the US to primarily differentiate the I4 from the V6. Not an issue in OZ as we only got the V6 and insurance companies luv the GT designation!
The V6 in Ford Probes is designated KL-03 and is the same engine as fitted to MX6, 626 & Telstars. The KL-ZE was a Japanese spec only motor for MX6s with higher performance typically from better breathing. Interestingly the Mazda / Eunos Miller Cycle V6 is also in the same family.
BTW www.probetalk.com Performance Sections should be able to point you in the right direction for engine supplies.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts