Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't heard from GP or HJ lately. Have we lost them?

Oh BTW; I think Ged Bulmer (Motor Mag Editor) shouldn't ask favours of GP after saying GP doesn't know a thing about fashion etc... :eek: :rolleyes:

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You made up with Bulmer yet? :p

By the way - new XR8 next week if all goes well, can't wait. It seems so long since I ordered it (May 11). And hats off to the turnaround we're seeing in sales at last. I just hope it isn't just the rental fleets driving numbers and not margins.

Regards,
Aussie!

·
EA Wagon Member
469 Posts
is this the real head honcho dude from ford?

i reckon he could be fooling us but then again it could be him cos i abused tony cochrane about a year ago in the bathurst chat then they banned me cos it was really him lol

·
Mistress Death Metal ;)
1,372 Posts
The_RAT said:
is this the real head honcho dude from ford?

i reckon he could be fooling us but then again it could be him cos i abused tony cochrane about a year ago in the bathurst chat then they banned me cos it was really him lol
Yes.

This is the real head honcho from Ford Motor Company Of Aust. Take my word for it. :eek:

·
Banned
5,809 Posts
I'll second that he is the real head honcho from Ford Australia :D :D

We have quite a few Ford people here actually... i thought you would have known that considering you visit Conrod and GMS00 always seems to be mentioning the fact thet they are on here ;)

·
EA Wagon Member
469 Posts
Just making sure

i see something like when the prodrive thing was announced and someone at conrod said it but how do you know for sure?

couldn't i just sign up tomorrow as glenn seton and how will people know i am not ?

·
86 Posts
I haven't spoken to Ged yet.I am shattered.Here was I thinking that I was looking OK but clearly I will have to up my act.Still what matters most is what we say and do.How we look at the time is secondary,but having said that I may well do the next briefing in a Tux.

·
Shhh, we're hunting Lions
1,610 Posts
Or maybe your birthday suit, then you could talk about anything and know fully well none of it is going to make the press. :nuts:

·
Banned
5,809 Posts
The_RAT said:
Just making sure

i see something like when the prodrive thing was announced and someone at conrod said it but how do you know for sure?

couldn't i just sign up tomorrow as glenn seton and how will people know i am not ?
In thgeory you could.. but I can trace your IP address and get a fair idea that you aren't...

I an a lurker on conrod and plan not to join....

·
Read Only
1,395 Posts
Geoff Polites said:
I am still here,reading and listening.
Good to here Geoff.:cool:
I'm sure you're in tune to the "vibe" of the place, and can see how much most of us enjoy your products.:D
Some pretty good ideas come out of this place! From adds to car design.It's all been here.
Russell.:D

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Geoff Polites said:
Still what matters most is what we say and do. How we look at the time is secondary,but having said that I may well do the next briefing in a Tux.
I likes that first sentence.. :D

Man would you get a laugh if you did the briefing in a tux!! I'd pay good money to see the looks on the scribes faces when you walk in!! :D

·
Mistress Death Metal ;)
1,372 Posts
Geoff Polites said:
I haven't spoken to Ged yet.I am shattered.Here was I thinking that I was looking OK but clearly I will have to up my act.Still what matters most is what we say and do.How we look at the time is secondary,but having said that I may well do the next briefing in a Tux.
I dunno Geoff. Personally, I liked the overalls :D

·
gone
10,402 Posts
Geoff Polites said:
I am still here,reading and listening.
Gday Geoff

Glad to see you are still here, its been quite for so long!!!

Alot going on with ford and their image at the moment, great to see, congrats

Now can YOU tell me where the REBEL idea came from?

I recently put the body kit on MY XR8, and I can assure you its been turning more heads that you would ever imagine! Someone in Ford needs a promotion!!

BTW, would be more than happy to personally show you my beast, and why you ask?, well its the only 330+kw Rebel on the Road, but I must admit I would have preferred Laminge as the name!

·
Ford Focus WRC Driver.
761 Posts
laminge said:

Know can YOU tell me where the REBEL idea came from?

I recently put the body kit on MY XR8, and I can assure you its been turning more heads that you would ever imagine! Someone in Ford needs a promotion!!

Shhhh.....he might actually believe you! :D

Nah, the person who primarily came up with the idea of the kit and showed it to the marketing people is well on the way up!
But that kit truly was a team effort...from engineers to marketing analysts to buyers to managers. They all did a good job.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
laminge said:
BTW, would be more than happy to personally show you my beast, why you ask, well its the only 330+kw Rebel on the Road, but I must admit I would have preferred Laminge as the name!
You had it!!.. Remember Laminge 330+.. Man theives suck ay.. :(

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
rallyman said:
Shhhh.....he might actually believe you! :D

Nah, the person who primarily came up with the idea of the kit and showed it to the marketing people is well on the way up!
But that kit truly was a team effort...from engineers to marketing analysts to buyers to managers. They all did a good job.
And one of these was of course Rallyman which explains the link we got earlier than the press releases etc. It all falls into place.

GP:
I reckon Ged would wet his pants if you wore a tux and had a small badge in the button hole "For Ged". What a PR coup that would be - a head honcho with a sense of humour!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts