Ford Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
blue blooded ford fan
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, love the forum, just stumbled over it by accident. (im normaly at http://www.fullboost.com.au or http://www.v8stroker.com )
any way, after i get my insurance money (car was stolen = me very pissed off) i am going to get an XD-XE fairmont ghia.
Seing as i am only a p-plater and the cops are a bunch of whingers i will be getting a 302.
What i wanted to know was where i could take my car to turn the v8 from something stock to something mild to wild :evil:
I wasnt looking at too much power, maybe about 250 kW.
I just wanted to know what brand name rods, cams, etc u guys/girls use to get the best results.
It will be a daily drivin car, and it is my only car.
I will be spending about 3-4 grand on the motor, and i wont be doing any work on it myself.
Any help is appreciated. thank you
-Paul "broomy"

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Welcome Paul. Great to see a newbie in the true sence of the word (not from BON)
Sorry to hear about your car, what sort was it?
If you were talking about a later model car I would probably say Herrod Motor sport but they aren't cheap. They are as close to an offical aftermarket tuner that you are going to get. So my advice to you would be to look at all your options. Stroking or supercharging are options but you will struggle for the amount of power you want coming from the base motor you have with the money you want to spend. Is there some law in Vic about driving a car with displacement greater than 302 on P plates?

Making the motor breath easier by increasing the gas flow in and out is always a place to start and getting the quality internals for the right price is going to help. I have heard of people on both the NSWs and Vic XR clubs forums talk about these issues.

·
blue blooded ford fan
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The car was a VL Calais Turbo, and yeah, the law doesnt let me have anything over a 302 so ill just have to work that.
I have sort of an idea what i want to do, it just depends on what other people have tried and tested in their cars before, and see what works well, and what doesnt.
Ill probably stroke it later on, but for now i think ill just work the 302.
A guy i know said MK automotive (in dandynong)prepares very strong 302,308's 350's and 351 and bigger and has had many a 302 with strong internals putting out 440 hp. That MK guy built his VK 333 stroker (with NOS) and it has run 11 sec 1/4's with the NOS bottle empty, and its a daily driver too.
I that he is using a holley 750 dp, so i might go for that too.
I defienately dont want to supercharge it for insurance and police reasons (they are pricks and would put me off the road for sure).
Ill check out the xr clubs. thanks for the info
-broomy

·
Ford Member
1,054 Posts
Mick Webb can build build you an XE or XD 8 as mean as you want. Just depends on the $$ i spose. Ive seen some pretty mean race engines built by him he his especially good at the old schooll stuff.

·
blue blooded ford fan
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Performance industry legend Mick Webb has opened the doors to a new facility in Ringwood, in Melbourne. It is called Mick Webb's SVO Motorsport. The new 6000 square metre performance shop is at Unit 3, 44 Charter Street, Ringwood. [email protected]

A guy i know sent me this. Ive sent mick an email and cant wait for the reply.
-broomy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
FM
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing