Ford Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Crown Vic P71 Member
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Gang, Let your fellow CV PI friends in on the fact that this place is here.....Well at least the ones that have an IQ greater than thier shoe size anyway!........This place has as great set-up....I have yet to have a Bug or Glitch from this Website.......Nice work Tim!!!!!!........

·
Crown Vic P71 Member
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh well, it was a try

Hi JW.....I guess we are the only ones coming around here....I did get a note from Bluesmobile Friday....He said he might be heading to the VA.state auction Tuesday or Wednesday......maybe he can find some good deals?......yep something else to torture me with!!!...He knows what I'm looking for so it may take a miracle to find it?.......I won't touch anything that was a marked car..or full of drill holes from cages ,etc. I really want a black P71...but black cars in this area are rare...Greensboro N.C. seems to be the only PD that uses black cars and Bluesmobile says thier maint. on the cars stink to high heaven...and he won't touch them....The man does have a reputation to up-hold!!!...plus he does go over the cars after he buys them!!!!..........catch you later.........Allen

P

·
0 Posts
Allen, a friend of mine has a black 1997 P71 agency car, he got it
the same time that I got the last 'dark green' 1997 PI.

If you can't find anything maybe I can talk him into selling it :)

·
Crown Vic P71 Member
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the thought!!!

Hey JW.....I appreciate the thought...but I would have to hold off on the offer.....for one the Ozarks....is a good ways away....the closest I can fly to not knowing exactly where the heck you are would be Kansas City,St Louis,or even Little Rock......but by just guessing after all was said and done plus the cost of driving the car from wherever to Charlotte...I would be in the price range to buy a 98 PI or better!!!.....I do love the 97 model....to be honest I like it better than the newer cars minus the HP increase in the last years model and the front nose clip!!!.....The rear facial on the 98's on up just un-nerve me with that tail dragging look of the rear lower trim....I would be most hesitant toward a 98 period unless I could mathematically steal it!!!!.....The first year of any major change is usually not the car to go after....Well with my 88 p72 being an exception...That was very minor in the cosmetics.......Allen........Thanks again my friend!!!!!!

·
Crown Vic P71 Member
10 Posts
The other board has changed,glad to see you guys are here. Was here a while back,but there was not much action then. Looks different now. There is a spell check too! Saves me lots of time. Good to see adults again.

P

·
0 Posts
Speeal Check? Spel Checlk? Dang, I have to learn how to use
that LoL

Hey 3500GT, good to see you here :)

P

·
0 Posts
Hi Gearhead, those were good looking pictures that you posted.

What kind of wheels do you have on your 'personal' car? They
look good..

·
Multi Car Owner
930 Posts
What else could i do in the p71 area to lure more of you guys over here? Hey I added some new smilies to the site, he he he...

·
Crown Vic P71 Member
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Hearhead21 and 3500GT....Glad to see you guys are here!!!......This is a group that is really interested in cars as opposed to a bunch of BS and twaddle!!!!.....I hope we continue to get quality people here.....I like the set-up of this Board a great deal......Volume will grow in time.....This board just didn't have the timing of capitalizing on the failings of the B.O.N. like the CV.net did.......I still like the CV.net a lot but the Board does tend to draw a younger crowd that in some cases I simply can't relate too..............................................................Tim L. one suggestion I would make in Regard to the P71 area would be to create a separate area for the Police Package cars from 91 on back.....These would be the P72 models of 88 to 91 vintage.....They were built with either the the 160 HP 5.0 EFI set-up of the 5.8L 351W with the 7200VV Carb. These cars deserve their own little corner of the world too!!!!.....For some reason on the CV.net the chats over there in this arena tend to stay more focused on the cars vs. a bunch of sometimes mindless banter.....I would like to see this board maintain a very high standard.....Even when folks don't always agree!!!!.........Not agreeing is not always a bad thing!!!....Freedom to voice and share opposing views is a great thing if it's handled properly.......Once again Tim thank you for your efforts here......So far I feel very good about your Site......Keep it up, growth will come with time..........Allen :D

·
Ranchero Member
14 Posts
Hey Guy, I'm new to this board. I was actually looking for Ranchero boards but when I saw this one i just had to stop in. Several years ago I had an 87 CV cruiser,formerly of the Lancaster SC Sherriffs Dept. It was absolutely one of the most enjoyable vehicles I've ever had. Rode good,handled GREAT,plenty of power and even pulled a horse trailer ok. The best part,I think,was that the traffic around you was never quite sure if you were THE MAN or not. Remarkable how the driving habits of your fellow motorists improve.Makes the commute much more plesant! Hope to have another one someday.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
6 Participants
4XFORD
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing