Ford Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Village Idiot
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering where abouts on the temp dial the needle should sit?

Mine usually sits on O, and slowly moves upto M and stays there, or a bit above.
(on the bit that says NORMAL)

But sometimes it will move relitively quikly between N and M when just cruising down the freeway. U can see it moving.
And if i give it a bootfull it will rise pretty easily.

Is that the norm for a EB falcon?

Im used to my EF going to O and not varying from there.

...my temp sensor mite be a bit rooted aswell..

·
EA FALCON
249 Posts
Well not sure really depends on the weather,

I have an ea falcon and on even a hot summers day it never gets to the N in NORMAL.

·
Registered
237 Posts
curtis - it sounds like that you don't have a termostat in your car or it is too low.. should be about a 92

Efjase - that sounds about normal mine use to sit on the begin of the R on the highway and the top of the O in town.. your radiator could do with a flush out and will your at it pull it out and clean all the stuff that gets between the rad and the air-rad.. i useto use a 92 with a small hole in the side to let a little bit of water through and this stopped the bouncing temp

·
Village Idiot
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks

Rads been flushed and water pump replaced along with thermostat and housing.

Its heaps better than it was. Just wanted to know the norm for a eb, intead of comparing to th EF.

Thanks

Jase

·
Now boostless :-(
695 Posts
For some reason my AU will go up to "O" after a short while of driving and then stay there and not move a mm no matter what you do. Could my thermostat be stuffed?

·
cArSiK
1,249 Posts
Jase , that sounds perfectly normal to me....My ED does exactly the same...
Nothing to worry about...

James

·
EF & ZH owner
620 Posts
bit off topic but I never trust a stock gauge..

·
Registered
39 Posts
in a EB should sit on the 'N' . I would of said the thermostat is sticking so it never gets to cool the water. the warm water would just keep flowing etc but as you said the thermo and housing has been replaced then it should sit on N.

·
Village Idiot
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lately its been around OR so not too bad.
Hasnt reached the top of the scale since the water pump etc was replaced.
Rads probably getting a bit long in the tooth

·
Bourbon powered V8
4,787 Posts
Between N and O is normal for all falcons (doesn't matter what model). The owners book says anywhere in the range of NORMAL is acceptable, but mine usually sits on the N - only goes up if towing the boat up a hill and then I put the heating on full to get the heat out of the motor.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts