Ford Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Where the FRICK is the SRS module?!?!

17K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  chipmanii 
#1 ·
I mentioned this on PT once before, but I don't think I ever heard back. Someone mentioned that there is a module for the SRS (of course there is....) and it is located behind the center console somewhere. I stripped her down (the car, that is) but saw NOTHING similar.

I guess the main reason that I am looking for it is because someone said that it has a fuse on it that blows when the airbags deploy, and I think they did (previous owner). Now the Airbag light does not even come on, and I'm trying to figure out a few of the reasons why it might.

Seems logical to me! Hoping that some of you might be able to shine some light on the subject! Thanx again for your time!

#2 ·
either in the dash or behind the console.. i think its in the dash.. what model do u have.. are u thinking of disconnecting it.. be careful if you are.. those things are like dynamite if they go off. :crazy1:

#3 ·
According to my service manual for a 1995 there is a Air Bag Diagnostic Monitor under the dash somewhere. That is the only component that I can find for the airbags under there. What is you problem exactly. Is it that the airbag light doesnt come on or is it more than that.... give me thorough details of what happened and what you did to fix it or whatever you can tell me... Ill look it up in here. Its very detailed and has troubleshooting for everything...

#4 ·
It's quite simple actually........my airbag light NEVER has came on, and every now and then I get this stupid beeping sounds (which I THINK might have something to do with the airbag) For some reason, the beeping sound will only come on when I first start the car up in really cold weather. It only stays on for about 1 minute or so.

Yea, but mainly, the light never has came on, and I would REALLY like it to.

Think you can help me out?

G
#7 ·
TSM

I would recommend getting yourself the Ford Technical Service Manual and even the electrical wiring diagram manual. . . very very valuable tools to have for the DIYer. With that you can determine the location of this module and with a voltmeter check most of the wires for signals or voltage sources or continuity or whatever.

enjoy.

#8 ·
Re: TSM

BryanPendleton said:
I would recommend getting yourself the Ford Technical Service Manual and even the electrical wiring diagram manual. . . very very valuable tools to have for the DIYer. With that you can determine the location of this module and with a voltmeter check most of the wires for signals or voltage sources or continuity or whatever.

enjoy.

I definately agree!!! It was money well spent! Ive only had mine a few days but its so packed full of info!
(BTW if anyone wonders its the actual Ford service manual for technicians, not the haynes or Chiltons)

#9 ·
OK, I finally drove my 97 today and I didnt notice the airbag light coming on at all when I started the car or otherwise. I also might not be able to see it lighting too well in the daytime due to my white gauges

#10 ·
Know what fiveliter? I'm really starting to that that in the 1997 base, they didn't even wire in the light........or something stupid along that line (kinda like how dumb it was to discontinue the "headlight up" button from the center console)

In the first place, the only reason I am looking for it is because my friend has a 93 GT, and his airbaf light comes on EVERYTIME he starts the car. I don't know what to think!

#12 ·
Oh, by the way... I drove the Probe and my airbag light did come on for a few secs when I started the car... Ill look in my service manual sometime here and see what it might be on yours... (You might have to remind me because I have a bad memory about things)

#14 ·
dunno if you found the module or not man. but if you didn't, it would be located right above your left foot under the drivers dash. It is hanger down kinda in front of the clutch(if you have) pedel and is a Blue Box about 6"x4"x2" in size.

#16 ·
Hey, check this out... maybe this will help... it tells how to test the SRS computer and read the code for it.... Someone else posted it in another area for reading the ECU codes, but if you hook up the connector to read the SRS computer code it should flash a code if you have a problem....
http://home.golden.net/~trinity/maint/maint.htm#malfcode
This link starts in the middle of the page... You might want to go to the top.... This is for the 2.5 engine, I dont know if itll be the same or not... there might be something on here though for the 2.0....

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.