Ford Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I will be attending the grand prix for the first time this year I was wondering where the best places are to view the race. I will only be getting general admission tickets. Your comments would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
102 Posts
well after to being to every single melb gp i can tell u its well worth going. Turn 9-10 hill is best for viewing the cars as they approch u into a slow corner then power out ontp the back straight. brocky's hill is not bad but its always packed and view aint that great also if u want some speed check out the hill after turn 2 and the littl concrete stands on the straight just b4 13 if u want photography places are limited but turn 15 is the slowest corner so try there

·
Australian Probe Member
841 Posts
Try to sus out a few areas on the Thursday, Friday & Saturday; then turn up early for your favourite spot on the Sunday.
Do not try to take kids (8-9 yo) along into an area like Crocky's Hill on the Sunday, as everyone decides to stand for the racing (unlike the earlier days) & the kids can't see a thing!!

·
I wanna eat your children
4,562 Posts
ive been to most of the gp's in melbourne....and i stand right at the fence on the straight thats just after the main straight....ive seen some nice action there over the years.....lots of passing....and the time a car spun out right in front of us after the MASTER michael schumacher was putting pressure on him....

FORZA FERRARI!

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
i generally sit @ home ;)
i went the first year and have gone back once since, can't see enough imho :p

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
I'll do what I did last year, get into the motor show and head to whatever stand has the big screen set up.

Probably go to qualifying/practise though.

·
4,562 Posts
EFFalcon said:
i generally sit @ home ;)
i went the first year and have gone back once since, can't see enough imho :p

ahh john....many people are like you....but the atmosphere there is unbeatable....its the same with games of AFL, SOCCER!, and cricket....why go wen u can watch it on tv witha better view...comfy seat...cheap drinks etc...

its the atmospehere....i went last year and my mum came....she does not like motorsport at all...but she told me she loved going ....and would definitely go again....

im a hard core fan though...each to their own....ill be there this year again :hy:

I'll do what I did last year, get into the motor show and head to whatever stand has the big screen set up.

Probably go to qualifying/practise though.

but ill still be going GP...cant miss that ;)

·
Registered
581 Posts
I do the GP every year. It's my annual blow-out so because I do all 4 days I lash out for Fangio stand seats opposite the podium. Good view of the super screens as well.

14 more sleeps to day 1. BRING IT ON!!

·
4,562 Posts
Bearman said:
I do the GP every year. It's my annual blow-out so because I do all 4 days I lash out for Fangio stand seats opposite the podium. Good view of the super screens as well.

14 more sleeps to day 1. BRING IT ON!!

how much that set u back? if u dont mind me asking

1 - 10 of 10 Posts