Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
which way should i go??? i have a crow stage 2, should i get a crow stage 3 or go to wade/surecam and get a regrind for my xh ute.

the car has pacemakers etc and the crow stage 2 goes pretty good but as usual i want more power and a bigger cam profile.

has a verdict been reached on these cams????

any specs would be good also

cheers

·
Registered
71 Posts
i reckon go stage 2 mate, prety sure if you go stage 3 you may loose power unless you get a prgrammable after market chip???

·
Birth, Drift, Death...
3,039 Posts
im pretty sure that the stage 3 cam only works with a chip - at least 3 guys on here have fitted that cam and had head work done, and lost power, then had to buy a chip to get it back.

GO TO SURECAM DAMMIT!!!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok i have decided to go to surecam i WAS planning on going today but somebody has *cough* alzheimers *cough*

·
Registered
629 Posts
JMM Dev3HL will give abot 140-150 rwkw with std ecu.

The JMM cams are not cheap but neither is replacing the computer.

Its worth a thought. check out SOXX's posts

·
On the 7th God Made Ford
98 Posts
Got the DEV 5 which needs porting etc but 170+rwkw for 4900

(thats total price including exhaust, air box etc) and no chip!!!!
Chip her up for around 175+rwkw

But if cheap and easy with no porting I still think the DEV 3HL is awesome value cause you may even get ova 150rwkw if your engine is a happy one

·
Birth, Drift, Death...
3,039 Posts
i would like to see 150rwkw with a stock ECU and no head work.....no matter how fresh the engine is.

a guy up here has a ED fairmont with DEV 5 cam and zorst, no porting and BBM (6pac) and he only nudges 173hp at the wheels in shootout mode, running richer than the sultan of brunei.

i have a EB XR6 with stock intake manifold, stock head (that flows 330hp from factory), mild cam (custom surecam) JMM extractors and lots of timing, and i cranked out 179hp at the wheels (albiet in hardcore midday sun in brisbane, intake temp 43 degrees!!) running slightly rich.

so really - i dont think 150rwkw is gunna happen with a stock head and stock ecu...

if i get the energy though, one day 6pac and i might swap cams for a bit, see if our cars go any better.....

·
RIP Sox.....
2,580 Posts
Rollin -
Actually I think it would get very close indeed on a fresh engine, considering mine produced 138rwkw with a tired engine.
It also was only revved to 5400rpm, rather than 5800rpm which we later discovered.
Judging how the power was still climbing, I'd say 145rwkw would have been about right with that engine.

Rick.

·
On the 7th God Made Ford
98 Posts
Hey Soxx have you changed your fuel regulator over for the DEV 5

I haven't yet I'm chasing one up

I'm trying to concentrate on breathing issues (air intake/throttle body etc)

Other than that I'm trying to get a 2500rpm stall converter with a better pump lock up to transfer the power to the ground better - tis 1500rpm stock one ain't cutting the mustard

·
RIP Sox.....
2,580 Posts
Jah_Nix -
JMM said I didn't need to, and the dyno AF mixtures verified this. I had between 12 and 13 right across the rev range.

I have modified my intake by fitting the EF XR8 snorkel, and cutting though the bottom of the air box and running 3" pipe to the air inlet on the bumper.
I can't say I noticed any difference with the 3" pipe however.

Rick.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Rollin said:
i would like to see 150rwkw with a stock ECU and no head work.....no matter how fresh the engine is.
couldnt agree with you more there rollin...

·
Sandwich Connoisseur
955 Posts
Anyone got any idea on prices for the Surecam OXY48? Too lazy to look lol.

Thanks
Donno

·
Registered
82 Posts
I was quoted $440 for the OXY35 cam, I presume the price would be much the same for the 48. Whats the difference between them?

Also what is the surecam product like off the shelf compared to the others? I am looking seriously at the 35, but I do want a fairly wild cam, something like the stage 3 crow... I had a stage 2 crow in my old ED and it just wasn't quite "extreme" enough, it was good though.

·
100 SPEED LIMITED SILVAEA
1,043 Posts
the way surecam gring their cams, the 35 may be what your after.

surecam, grind them a bit on the aggresive side.

i've purchase 7 off them in the past, all doing great things, although a couple have been a fairly wild cam

cheers.joe.

·
Sandwich Connoisseur
955 Posts
Anyone know a cheap cam that gives good low end torque? I love the stuff.

Donno

1 - 20 of 25 Posts