Ford Forums banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Ford and Proud
20 Posts
Vulcan Power said:
I've never heard of a 4.2 Windsor before. I know that some of the F150's have inline 6's? The only Windsor that I've ever heard of is the 351. Any links or resources you can point to me so that I can check it out?
Probably its the old ford 260 which is 4.3, although they did make one smaller which was the 221 windsor (3.6) and rated at about 145 hp..

·
Ford and Proud
20 Posts
Vulcan Power said:
The only Windsor that I've ever heard of is the 351. Any links or resources you can point to me so that I can check it out?
I just came across this link for the Windsors history , Im pretty sure the 1962 Ford Fairlane Compact had the 260 windsor which the engine was short-lived anyway as the 289 took over

·
1,836 Posts
I own a 2001 Taururs with a 3.0 Duratec. By the way, 4.2L V6 is basically an upsized 3.8L V6-they are both in the Essex engine family. The new 3.9L V6 is an Essex engine too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i own a '98 contour with a 2.5l duratech: 170 hp @ 6250, 162 lbft @ 4200.
i'm trying to find SVT or other performance parts, thread me if you know-mike :hy:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Vulcan Power said:
I've never heard of a 4.2 Windsor before. I know that some of the F150's have inline 6's? The only Windsor that I've ever heard of is the 351. Any links or resources you can point to me so that I can check it out?
I dunno bout over there but here in aust the windsor motor came out is a 289 model as well as 302 and 351

·
Registered
2 Posts
I Have A 2002 Escape W/ The 3.0l 24 Valve Engine. Actually It's The Wifes Car. I Was Suprised At The Performance Of The Little V6. I Used To Have A '91 Aerostar Van W/ 4.0l V6. I Had To Get Rid Of It Because A Lifter Went Out, & I Didn't Want To Spend The Bucks On The Engine Removal & They Said The Lifters Were Special & Cost $43 Bucks A Piece. The Van Performed Well & Pulled A Trailer W/ 2 Atv's Most Of The Time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Vulcan Power said:

LINK; Windsor engines

The Windsor engine is a 90-degree small-block V8 from Ford Motor Company. It was introduced in 1962, replacing the old Ford Y-block engine. Though not all of the engines in this family were produced at the Windsor, Ontario engine plant, the first ones were and the name stuck. In 1991, the Windsor engine began to be phased out and replaced with Ford's new 4.6 L modular V8 engine, which was disliked by many because of the overhead cam valvetrain as opposed to the more traditional "muscle carish" pushrod V8 with overhead valves that Chevy stuck with in their GM LS engine line.

Thanks for looking at me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I own a 2004 Mustang 3.9L V6 SFI OHV. In Red, I don't know what the SFI and OHV mean but it scoots real good that's for sure. an I can even make it chirp in 3rd if I really get on it right. This car has also shown my why Mustangs sell so well too, I like it a lot :hy: .

·
93SC
7 Posts
I currently have two TBirds ('93 &' 90) and an XR7 Cougar ('90), each powered by Eaton Supercharged 3.8l Ford V6 engines. Scads of torque whether in front of an AOD or a clutch. And that sweet whine as the Roots wind up.....

Stock specs:
Type: Supercharged OHV V-6
Bore x stroke, mm: 96.8 x 86.0
Displacement, cc: 3802
Displacement, ci: 232
Compression ratio: 8.2:1
[email protected], SAE net: [email protected]
Torque, [email protected]: [email protected]
Fuel delivery: Multi-Port Electronic fuel-injection
Fuel requirement: unleaded, 92+ octane
Exhaust-emission control equipment: 3-way catalytic converter,
exhaust-gas re-circulation, air injection

I've added a 73mm MAF vice the stock 55mm, a 2 1/2" SS exhaust system by Borla, a 10% SC overdrive pulley and 3:27 vice 2:73 gears. Dyno & tune later this summer....

Bruce

21 - 40 of 57 Posts
About this Discussion
56 Replies
50 Participants
16strokes
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing