Ford Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
In a blue Galaxy
5,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which would you take? Koni and Bilestein I am led to beleive are by far the best shocks. If you know of any other and clicked other please state below.

·
In a blue Galaxy
5,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I tried to make a poll but cant edit it in now thats why im not editing this post.

·
In a blue Galaxy
5,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Umm...(VERY)hard driving down the Great Ocean Road. Oops, shouldn't have said that...j/k

I just want the best shocker when it comes to lowering my car. I will get proper short stroke shocks and I can get Konis for a fairly good price So i think I will get them.

I have seen Koni's on a few cars, but never even seen Bilesteins. Aren't they yellow?

·
Bourbon powered V8
4,751 Posts
KYB is another good brand, but I have had Konis and loved them. Woud definitely get them again. The other option for the front is a set of coil overs from King springs. Fully height adjustable (around 2 inches of adjustment), and not too much more expensive than Konis with King springs - just some food for thought. pm me if you are interested in these as not every suspension place caan get them, and even those that used to be able to sometimes get told there is no stock left. The guy I go through has no probs getting stock - if there are any left, he will get them!

·
In a blue Galaxy
5,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Right, thanks JC. A bloke I work with used to work for a place where they fitted Koni's all the time. He has the utmost respect for them, and told me how he couldn't beleive how much better the car handles when doing a before and after drive when fitting Koni shocks. He reckons he can get a beter price for me than retail. I'll see what price he quotes me and depeending on what happens I might PM you and see what you can get and for what price.

·
Ford Appreciation Society
3,666 Posts
I've got bilsteins in my XR6 - would definately use them in any future cars! I've had koni's before, but my personal preference would be to get the bilsteins, unless I was building a track car, then it would be koni adjustables.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts