Ford Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Falcontastic.
6,039 Posts
Um NO, why not red wall's though, but only if you have the original 12 slotter's with trim's and cap's, not chrome one's.I think the red wall's are great.

·
The Supreme Machine!
461 Posts
XA Fairmont said:
Gday. Do whitewall tyres suit copper paint on an XA Fairmont with 12 slotters?
IMO use the redwalls with 12 slotters would look good with copper bronze.. Whitewalls really suit the older models..

·
1972 XA GS Fairmont
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its just that i saw whitewalls on an XW and it looked good. Where can you pick up a set off redwalls and how much would they set you back?

·
Falcontastic.
6,039 Posts
Um if you want the aqua jet's keep looking and when you do find them be prepared to pay out huge $$$$$'s,you would be better of just getting a set of new tyre's and getting the red wall's sprayed on, there are a few people around that do this.

·
Can't wait for Winton...
2,759 Posts
Whitewalls on an XA with white, yellow, light blue might be ok in a retro-cruiser look sort of way.

There was a guy at the GT Nationals in Bathurst doing the red stripes, he had a set up that put a 1/4" stripe on it with a little roller as the tyre was turned around. Didn't even need to take wheels off car, just jacked up each corner in turn. Don't know who or where he is though!

·
ESP Man
888 Posts
Definately not with 12 slotters! Might look OK on standard rims.

The guy who was doing the red stripes at the GT Nationals at Bathurst late last year would be known to the GT enthusiasts.

Try the Falcon GT owners club - they would know who/where he is

Best of luck

·
Registered
80 Posts
For NSW try COLOURCRAFT TYRE WHITEWALLS & REDWALLS SERVICE
Frank Vass (0419) 214 969
[email protected]
PO Box 854
ROSEBERY NSW 1445

He may be able to put u in touch with someone in your state, i plan on getting redwalls added to my tyres sometime in the next two weeks, i think proces are roughly $25 per tyre and tyre must be mounted to a wheel,

Hope this helps,

Cheers,
Matt

1 - 9 of 9 Posts