Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any guys waht to try organise an IRC meeting one night?
I can set up a chanel now that a uni firewall isn't blocking me, or anyone else can at any time anyway.
If people are interested we'll organise a time & a day to hold this thing.

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
Yeah I'll be in it.. server oz.org? #FordForums ?

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
THE DOCTOR said:
okay I've borrowed fordmans dumb hat, what's an IRC.
I'll borrow it back... hehe.. What the??.. :confused:

T

·
0 Posts
someone tell me what all this server oz.org bull is. or I'll lock all threads (lol)

NOW PEOPLE......

·
BSR
2,279 Posts
server.oz.org is the server you connect to with your irc program(mirc, pirch etc...)

#fordforums would be the chat channel on that server

clear as mud..hey!!

T

·
0 Posts
no I'm still lost, need more info, like http or www or phone number to dial, anything that a non-computer expert like myself and other members can do without having a diploma in rocket science.

·
Banned
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
el2xr8 said:
Yeah I'll be in it.. server oz.org? #FordForums ?
Yep the oz.org server and #fordforums room
It'll be much easier to do once a few things John is planning come online (our own Fordforums chat area which is embedded into the site uning IRC as the protocol.

I perconally use mIRC which can be found at www.mirc.com
If anyone needs help setting this up then ICQ me and I'll provide help from there.

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
I can keep my IRC client (unix client - started in '92, and old habits are hard to kill...) connected to an IRC server almost 24/7, so I can vegetate in #fordforums to keep the channel open. Cos I'm currently overseas, I'll do this in two weeks when I get back.

·
In a blue Galaxy
5,716 Posts
Darn, I usually have trouble connecting to Oz.org thats why I use Austnet. But I'll get there sometime so tell me what day/time and I'll be in.

·
BSR Field Agent
578 Posts
Yeah count me in, but Heyyy.. no fast typing alright...!!!!!
Thats why we have secretary's OK.... and I can't bring mine home........LOL........

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Righto guys, i'm in as well. But you gotta refresh me on the irc deal.

Okay correct me if i'm wrong but here goes..

Server: oz.org

Ford Forum room

What time is this suppose to be happening?????????

·
In a blue Galaxy
5,716 Posts
Im in now. its about 1 pm EST so i suppose everyone is sleeping unless your in perth. why cant someone register the channel coz I dont know how.:eek: :(

T

·
0 Posts
D.K it might pay to explain to myself and everyone else how to set this up properly, judging by the posts so far, people seem lost, I know I am..even if you can explain in a thread or something.

thks doc

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Yeah agree with Doc, we gotta make things clear as to which server we use. We should use the default servers offered by icq, ie Aus.net or sothing. Also we gotta say what time in est we are all going to meet for the gander.
Went on last nite with no success, and no one was there IMO.

It's been yonks since i've used irc, ahhwhen i went to it yesterday the memories of people "idiots" trying to take over channels weirdo writing and the infamous scripts.
thats why i use icq not as technically orientated and gets to the point of chatting.

But yeah lay some foundations down for the irc meeting and i'll be in. ;) ;) ;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts