Ford Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
FF Town Sheriff
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm back in the market and want to do some research! also, if anyone here is a bike dealer, let me know, I might be able to send a sale your way!

cheers,

phil

·
Rip Up The Track Join OFR
6,021 Posts
philbie said:
I'm back in the market and want to do some research! also, if anyone here is a bike dealer, let me know, I might be able to send a sale your way!

cheers,

phil
hi philbie, send a pm to Aussie Pete he is motorbike mad, maybe he can steer you the right way..
ps: get back to work on our Heathcote DVD...lol...

·
FF Town Sheriff
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
XRFPV8 said:
ps: get back to work on our Heathcote DVD...lol...
haha - haven't started yet, but nearly ready!

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
overclockers.com is a good forum for bikes.

·
FF Town Sheriff
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Road bike.

·
RIP Sox.....
2,580 Posts
What style?
Cruising (Harley style).
Sports race.
Sports touring.
Touring.
Cafe racer, naked.
Fully faired - half faired.
Twin cyl four cyl.
Any brand preference.
Capacity.
Budget.

I have a a Ducati 900ss 92 and a Ducati 750 GT 74, and my wife has a Ducati 750ss 98.
I've ridden many different brands and styles of bikes so may be able to offer some kind of advice.

Rick.

·
FF Town Sheriff
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
hmmm, ok i'm looking at the following to start with,

suzuki gsx1400

bmw R850R

ducati m650ie

and honda hornet 900

·
FF Town Sheriff
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
taking the last three for a squirt today

·
RIP Sox.....
2,580 Posts
philbie said:
hmmm, ok i'm looking at the following to start with,
suzuki gsx1400
bmw R850R
ducati m650ie
and honda hornet 900
In that company the little Duc won't have much chance, you'd need the 750 or 900 at least for it to feel 'spirited'.
The BMW wouldn't have mindblowing performance either but they do have a lot of torque. I find the suspension too soft and the machines just to big for me, though I'm only 165cm.
The Suzuki will certainly have plenty of mumbo, but like the Honda, won't handle anywhere near as good as the Ducati.
The Ducati is actually a superb handling bike.
The Suzuki does nothing for me looks wise either, and it's rather heavy.
The honda is pretty light and if like any other Honda will be very reliable and have excellent quality of finish.
Likewise the BMW.
The Ducs are sometimes quirky to plain out shitboxes, but they do 'feel' very nice to ride, and certainly very different to the Jap pair in this bunch.

I'm biased, but I'd go the Duc, and I'd have a look at Buell too, my borther just bough one and it feels pretty neat so far, though I haven't ridden it much as yet.

Rick.

·
FF Town Sheriff
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
there is one glitch, in that i'm 6'4" and that makes for a very select batch of bikes for my riding pleasure.

And given that it'll be nothing more than a weekender and commuter to work on the odd day here and there, Mega power is not required. Comfort however is.

·
RIP Sox.....
2,580 Posts
In that case the Duc is out of the question, it might feel a little awkward for you.
The BMW should fine size wise, and power wise to by the sound so of it.

Rick.

·
FF Town Sheriff
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Your right, the duc is out of the question, much to small for my liking........and so was the honda also known as a cb900!

Down to the BMW or the Suzuki at this stage.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts