Ford Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Mustang Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my mustang is black and it picks up dust easily. i know that some dusters can cause scratches when used on clearcoats... i was wondering if any of you know of a good brand of cleaning duster for exterior clearcoats. thanks! :)

C

·
0 Posts
I'd love to know too. Every day on the way to work I drive through a construction zone and man does the car pick up dust.

·
Mustang Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i can't agree with you more, chetta. the dust thingy sometimes comes out bad.

anyways, was able to go to autozone this weekend and i bought this dust remover there...i forgot the name, but it comes in a blue carrying case and has a sturdy plastic handle. the cleaning threads seem to be soft enough, and they do pick up dust quite well. it costs only 8.99 - do check it out at autozone :)

C

·
0 Posts
Thanks for the tip, I'll do that. The baby needs a good cleaning after my recent road trip. :)

·
Saleen Member
22 Posts
There is only ONE duster - and that is the Original California Duster. It has been out there for along time, which means it works. It does!!! The dirtier it gets the better it works.....

·
Mustang Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i also agree with bigblockgt, since i use that california duster for the interior - cleans well and picks the dust out inside good :)

chetta, there is a california duster set also at GI Joe's - the one for the interior and exterior and it costs around $18 there, maybe cheaper with other stores. you can try that one out too...

C

·
0 Posts
Thanks guys, I didn't get shopping this week yet so I'll look for it when I go. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts