Ford Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
formerly sikEA
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gday all

I have recently noticed the 225's up front on my EL, combined with the lowered suspension, have pulled the inner lip on my guards down. And its cutting the tyres up pretty badly if I hit a bump wrong :(

Anyone know where in Brisbane I can get the guards rolled/lipped (whatever the term is) for a reasonable amount of money? I was thinking about doing it myself but im still a bit too chicken to start hitting panels lol

Cheers.

·
cArSiK
1,249 Posts
cant help with a place to roll your guards but how low is your suspension?

James

·
cArSiK
1,249 Posts
that is strange...ive got king lows and 225's and no worries here....and i do have a habbit of taking speedhumps rather quick...

James

·
formerly sikEA
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes i dunno what the go is, but it seemed as though they had been slightly pulled down when I bought it, and now that I have tagged them a few times, you can see the inner guard just above the tyre

Looks like I will just have to shop around till I can find someone who does it cheep.

Cheers

·
kickerinthegutsbarry
568 Posts
I used to have an xh ute with king lows and 235's on the front and it would catch the gaurd if i hit a bump with the wheels turned full lock, ie pulling into servo's, driveways,carwash's. I'd just hit it back up with a hammer,, and try to remember to slow down for the above mentiond things, it was very stange though it only ever happened to the l.h.s.

·
3FB Educator!
527 Posts
I had the same problem with my EL and it turned out to be the lower control arm inner bushes were stuffed.
Got them replaced and haven't had my tyres gouged since.

·
RIP Sox.....
2,580 Posts
It has more to do with rim offset than tyre width.
As one guy mentioned above, grab a small hammer..... I've done it to several cars.

Rick.

·
If Only I Had Lexus Power
827 Posts
I grabbed a hammer and fu*ked my guard but i think it was the multigrips that did the damage. get it dome by a prof they heat the guards up. if you stuff it up itl cost you 3 times as much to get it fixed ---- Mine does it on rhs only

·
Hanging Around
1,209 Posts
Umm not really,

I just had the corolla done, the guy reckons 90% of the ones he has seen done have had the paint cracked, but 99% of the ones he does dont crack.

But it took him around 40 mins per guard to do. It was a slow process of heating the paint, and rolling it slightly, heating it again, rolling it some more etc etc.

End result is that the lip has been completely folded up and the only bit of paint that cracked was where the tyre had hit it, but unless you look from underneath, you will never notice it.

I guess it depends where you get it done and what tools they use.
This was done using a proper rolling machine.

Best thing to do is ring a reputable suspension place, they will have contacts for guard rolling, seeing that any of the new commo's need the guards rolled when lowered, there should be quite a few people out doing it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts