Ford Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
BA Fairmont ZL Fairlane
3,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whos bought a car from the auctions? what was it and what did you pay? any good and bad experiences and what what did it cost to put it back on the road?

·
Registered
9 Posts
El dec 97 model gli, 10,800, in jan 2000, ex company car, roady cost $250 and had 2 pay the usual rego, stamp duty. Cars still goin good after adding 30,000 klms since ive bought it.

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
I'm interested in what people have paid/seen for damaged EL povo packs. With good engine and interior, that's all I really need.

·
Village Idiot
2,526 Posts
Depends where u live.
Just came back form the auctions this morning and i recon everything was going too high. Could have got better out of the paper i think.

Didnt see any V8 Falcons today Chad.
Cant even find a V8 in the Quarty Price book either.
U got plans for a new car?

That was at AutoGroup(.com.au) Auctions

Will be checking out others soon for a new car :)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Last week I saw a 97 Burgundy EL V8 Fairmont go for $7,700. It was very tidy too. Can't remember the K's on it but by the looks of it they would have not been excessive.

Wish I had seen something like that before I bought my car. Damn... :bang:

·
LOOKING FORWARD TO NYE!!!
2,512 Posts
i bought a KE laser from auctions, had been hit in the back

- paid $450 for it
- new hatch was $50
- new tail light $45
- rear windscreen wiper motor $15
- c/v joint & boot $cant remember but not much
- paint & supplies $150 approx
- time: many many hours
- rego $400
- rwc $44

drove it around for a couple of months then sold it for $2700

All you need to know is what its worth on the market, and how much is involved in fixing it. If you havent done any before, it would usually pay to double your estimate of repair costs....

Just remember that write offs are usually there because it was going to cost them too much to fix it...so unless youre doing it yourself, or youre after the parts its usually not worth your while

·
Finnaly back
1,124 Posts
EFJase said:
Didnt see any V8 Falcons today Chad.
Cant even find a V8 in the Quarty Price book either.
U got plans for a new car?
well I want a V8 set-up in the XF and it would be cheaper to buy the whole car from an auction, wrecked or not, I also wanna look at fitting the interior in, alot of modding, but Im up for it.

·
Bourbon powered V8
4,751 Posts
Late last year I bought a 2000 model AU2 wagon with 90,000km. Got it for $15500 including 10 months reg, cost around $492 to get registered in my name though (damn stamp duty). Would definitely buy from the auctions again, but the next car i want (EF/EL Fairmont Ghia or XR8) come up very rarely at Auctions in ACT.

·
Village Idiot
2,526 Posts
Chad_XF said:
well I want a V8 set-up in the XF and it would be cheaper to buy the whole car from an auction, wrecked or not, I also wanna look at fitting the interior in, alot of modding, but Im up for it.
Check out pickles.com.au
They do write offs here.
were heaps of falcons last time i looked

·
Village Idiot
2,526 Posts
Maybe try at the start of the week. Think they do em early i the week, and may not have new lisy yet??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts