Ford Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
i pity tha fool
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm getting back into it quite a bit thanks to windows xp compatable versions getting around.. damn that game is fun..

the fun you have setting up train networks getting them to go to the right place and keeping the goods moving.. gets a bit difficult having 27 trains going to 1 station tho.

·
Lord of the RC
2,515 Posts
thats an awesome game, havent played it since i got rid of my 98 system, stupid w2k wont seem to run nit for some reason :(

still have all my old save games on a cd somewhere to

need to build a few more stations for those trains then :)

how much money have you got going lately ?

·
i pity tha fool
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
www.tt-forums.net

d/l locations for a win2k/xp compatible versions there.. and the famous 'ttdpatch to mod the game so it runs under 2k well and make it easy/hard with cheat switches(or switches to increase the max no. of trains etc).

i got one game where the inflation has gone right up.. but it means i've got 4 bil in the bank :) .. this is a game with 100+ trains and 40 or more planes i think, and they're all running full length, big loads, across long distances..

by the way, those 27 trains are all running either wood, or goods. all to the same sawmill. (from three different forests) and i want to have just one station, coz its more challenging that way. thing is, i used a cheat to skyrocket the production of wood, so i probably still need another 5-10 trains, then another few trains to cart the extra goods. argh!!

·
Lamahs approve of manuals
1,382 Posts
good to see this game make a comeback.

There used to be some sort of limit on the number of buses / trains . . . have they revised the limit upwards ?

·
i pity tha fool
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
train limit? there was. technically there still is. but the patch mods that.

·
Falcon 2.. Ferrari 0 hehe
1,290 Posts
Play it, still love it its a great game

are they any like newer games like it?

·
i pity tha fool
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeh it does mimic all prev versions of windows, and it does it reasonalby well (ever tried to play redalert2 on a P4 HT or dual CPU computer? then set it to 98/ME mode) but it cant do MS-DOS stuff.

·
Team Galaxy Try Hard
550 Posts
Great game
if there is a patch to run under winXP, i'm there!!

I got held up with the limit as well on trains etc. I think there was one on stations as well??

One thing I never really bothered with was buses. too slow, not enough money in.

Once you get up and running, money isnt a problem.

·
i pity tha fool
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
nevermind, theres a privately rewritten version of the game specifically for windows 32bit(i.e. it runs via directx!!!), and the 'ttdpatch' mods the vehicle/station limits to whatever you want, aswell as allowing other things like over-sized stations, building on slopes, and other fancy bits. (presignals.. you'll fall in love with em when you get into it)

go to tt-forums.net and download the game, then the latest ttdpatch (for windows) and also get 'TTDX configurator', because thats an easy prog to use to set up the patch options.

·
Now driving an XF Falcon.
1,042 Posts
Ambrose_1 said:
I thought Win XP was meant to "mimic" the older operating systems
It has a "compatibility" setting which can be set to mimic Windows 95, 98/Me, NT 4.0 (with Service Pack 5) or Windows 2000.

You can also tell it to only run in 256 colours, run in 640 x 480 resolution, and you can disable visual themes for that particular program.

Oh, and you can turn off 'advanced text services'.

All this is selectable by right clicking on the program itself (not the shortcut, the file ending with .exe), selecting properties, then clicking on the compatibility tab.

Problem is, it doesn't always make any difference - there are quite a few games that won't work under NT/2000/XP without being patched, no matter what you try.

Attachments

·
feed me hey
4,692 Posts
Sorry, but could someone post the link to D/L the game? It is free isnt it? I did a quick scan of that forum mentioned and couldnt see anything obvious.

Sounds like something I want to try. I usually like the simulation games till I get good at them and get bored.

·
i pity tha fool
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
1 - 15 of 15 Posts