Ford Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Mod/Multicar Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm snowed in and bored. how many people here do there own repairs? if you go to a mechanic how much does he charge per hour?i do all of my own repairs. i'm not sure how much the garage i work in gets per hour. the last shop i worked in was getting 45. an hour.

·
Ranger Member
6 Posts
I am a night manager at a good year service center in minnesota we get 74.00 per hour that is the going rate around here. i have full acces to theshop so i do most of my own work..

·
Multi Car Owner
930 Posts
If your ever in Cincy, OH. In the town of Mt Healthy there is a Shop (mt healthy auto repair) owned by two Guys that I have used for over 15 years ( even now when I live in NASH TN) they are the best, the rates may not be the lowest, but not the highest and they work on about anything. When I was a teen and had no money to have stuff fixed, they would let me borrow tools from the shop to take home and repair myself. At all costs I stear clear of DEALERS, and use a small shop with a established history!

·
Multi car member
19 Posts
I do all my own work including building my own motors,trans,rear ends etc.My hourly charge to my selfis the satisfaction of doing it myself.

·
Big Daddy
357 Posts
My mechanic is ME. :D :D and my roomates will help when it's a large project.

L

·
0 Posts
I do my own work, except warranty thing for now, my F150 is a 2000 still in warranty.

P

·
0 Posts
I try to do everything myself or with my friends too. I wish I had a paintbooth and knew how to paint... :)

S

·
0 Posts
Myself and my father:) but mostly my Father:D
Hey every good driver has to have a good crew chief:D

·
Fawkin Fordhead
31 Posts
I do all of my own work, engine/tranny/axles/etc... Not like I could find someone around here to build a 300 for me.... Doing all the work myself has really kept costs down, I replaced the engine and tranny, replaced all the springs, added headers($256,) converted to EFI, converted to 4x4, put in a set of 19# injectors(stock in a 300 is 12#/hr) and a bunch of other stuff, all for just over $600 Canadian, try doing that if you're paying someone to work on your rig....
Evan MacDonald

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
8 Participants
82F100SWB
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing