Ford Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
BSR
2,279 Posts
dont think they will fit.......post AU wheels dont fit pre AU.

there is a place in sydney has 2nd hand AU2 XR8 wheels for $2000 with tyres. they usually advertise in the Trading Post

·
300+rwkw DC LTD Member
1,622 Posts
XR wheels

Simply No.

They'll sit in too far. You'll need to get adapters made. Hence the reason everyone's not using them. Up to EL will just bolt on.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Yes they will fit herrod sells adapter plates to get the right offseti think there about $800 for a set of 4.
To prove the point here is a pic of my car before i brougt it with a set of herrod wheels pre au but with adapter plates wala!

·
BSR
2,279 Posts
WINGED said:
Yes they will fit herrod sells adapter plates to get the right offseti think there about $800 for a set of 4.
To prove the point here is a pic of my car before i brougt it with a set of herrod wheels pre au but with adapter plates wala!

Bloody nice Pic!!!!!!

so that was $800 just for the adapters??:eek: :eek:

·
Registered
540 Posts
Yep $800 for adapters unfotunatly I did'nt buy the wheels with the car because i could not afford the $$$ at that time.
It was the first pre AU with the herrod wheels the gaurds also had to be flared.

·
Blue Blooded Ford Man
406 Posts
$800!!
I heard that all you need to do is have a set of 7.5mm spacers machined up and you are pretty well right, not sure if you might need longer wheel studs, that could justify the cost.
Yes i know that this is bad etc for a number of reasons, and that is why i haven't done it on my XR, but thought i would share what i have had been told.

·
Shh i'm huntin more power
1,764 Posts
on the topic, but off the point a little, wheels made for 'X' series cars dont fit 'E' series. 'X' series hubs are smaller...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts