Ford Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
wants a manual!
Joined
·
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when ever i try to upload a picture in manage attachments it brings up a message saying file system directory not writable. i have posted a pic on here before no troubles. is it something in my internet explorer settings? someone please help.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,552 Posts
We were in the process of moving the directory last night from one location to another. You could have been doing it at that time.

If you are still having issues then log out, clear your cookies and cache and try to login again. If it is still giving you issues then do a hard refresh and get the latest data from the server instead of cached data.
 

·
wants a manual!
Joined
·
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
you mentioned a hard refresh how do i do this? i tryed logging out and back in again but that didnt work. i can still upload pics in my gallery though does this help with what could be wrong?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,552 Posts
You say you tried logging out and in, but did you clear out your cookies and cache on the machine?

A hard refresh is doing a (ctrl) F5
 

·
wants a manual!
Joined
·
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LunaticSVT said:
You say you tried logging out and in, but did you clear out your cookies and cache on the machine?

A hard refresh is doing a (ctrl) F5
i tried what you said but i still cant post pics. thanks anyway.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,552 Posts
John_xr6 said:
i tried what you said but i still cant post pics. thanks anyway.
I have looked at the rights and there is not a single issue with them. They are assigned the correct rights for that folder the folder permissions are set so that it can be writable.

As a test here is an attachment.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,552 Posts
The above test would have failed even for me if the directory was not writable.

It is based on the user (aka the site) being able to write the data to the HDD on this server.
 

·
wants a manual!
Joined
·
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i can see it on my computer? maybe i attached it wrong. i uploaded the file, highlighted the image address and then when i clicked the insert image icon i pasted the image address. is this how you do it? i cant remember how i attached my last image but it it brought up a box with attached thumbnails like your tick pic did. i know i went to manage attachments though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,552 Posts
John_xr6 said:
i can see it on my computer? maybe i attached it wrong. i uploaded the file, highlighted the image address and then when i clicked the insert image icon i pasted the image address. is this how you do it? i cant remember how i attached my last image but it it brought up a box with attached thumbnails like your tick pic did. i know i went to manage attachments though.
ok how about this...

give me the link to the post you originally attached the picture in.

John
 

·
wants a manual!
Joined
·
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the pic i put in today was a new one it has not been in a previous post. but this is a link to my other post which i had attached an image to.

http://www.fordforums.com/showthread.php?t=51571

also when i went to look at my attached images the two file names are there of all the images i attached however on the pic i put up today it says in progress and the other one has the date of when i put it on. and when i click on show thumbnails it only brings up the pic of my first image i put on not of the one i posted today.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top