Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, for some reason I suspect that I need to get at the actuator for my locks in this Ford Tempo. However, I just can't seem to hack it.

The bolt that holds the holder in for the motor spins in place on the drivers side, and there is just a cheap plastic cover on the passenger side. (I don't think rivets can usually spin in place, do they?)

I cant seem to pop it out either, although there appears to be a bit of a gap at the one end. This car is 20 years old, so it's not impossible that some of the material's mechanic's have changed making this WAY harder than they were originally.

(Err, I can provide pictures if anybody likes.)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Easier to drill the rivets out. and they all can spin once they drill just so. You press down hard on rivet top while drilling it and keep going. Or visegrips around the outer OD of rivet.

The design was an exercise in how to get a tard to design lock solenoids, the weatherproofing rubber shield there flaws in a year easy to let water cascade down the spiral shaft to fault the solenoids to not work. I removed all 4 of mine as they kept tightening up the key at door key hole to not unlock easily. The locks then went to working perfectly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts