Ford Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
ESP Man
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering 18's for my AU but instead of 8" wheels was wondering if 9" will fit.

Had a look at some wheel retailer sites and appears very few 18 x 8 rims available.

I'm looking for something with 5 or 6 or 7 plain flat spokes that are easy to clean, not these fancy lacy type wheels.

Any suggestions?

·
When 2 T3s are not enough
1,934 Posts
Yep 9s will fit Team GT use 9s on both the GT & the TE but there a bit plain looking I think there an't many to look at and there very $$$$$

·
Team Galaxy: Mad Bastard
2,847 Posts
You can definitely fit 9s under an AU, might need some rolling of the guards but that's not a big fuss...try looking at some of the ROH wheels...they fit the profile that you're after and a few models such as the modenas can be custom-made to 9" (deep dished look).

Good luck and don't forget to upload pixxies.

·
BOFH
7,560 Posts

·
ESP Man
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Casper - lots of other wheel sites to look at from that page.

The Vallens look great but don't appear to be available as 9's. The Bartens look very flat - no character. I like flat type spokes but dished. Got to be easy to clean!

I have just traded the AUII XR8 on a T3 TE50. What a weapon!!! Picked it up on New Years Eve. The Azuras' on the TE look good but will have to make way for something easier to clean. If I'm going to buy mags they may as well be wider than than 8's so now I'm looking for 18 x 9's and they need to be polished finish. Keep your eye out for someting that suits.

Was hoping to get down to the FPV day with the ESP this year but the TE50 has delayed purchase of some alloy heads so it won't be finished in time. But certainly next year.

·
BOFH
7,560 Posts

·
ESP Man
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Casper. Between looking at those sites and driving the TE there won't be much time for anything else!

·
BOFH
7,560 Posts
hehehehhe, If I had a TE there wouldn't be time for the websites either.

Hope your having a good new year, enjoy!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts