Ford Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
66 country sedan
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 66 country sedan and the 390 is shot so I found a 302 with forged pistons and 289 heads and gear drive timing with 0 miles on a professsional rebuild came with headers [new] and an engine stand for $900! I have a special gift for finding stuff! so I need to know if there is an adapter to the allow me to use small block with the c-6. My other option is the same bolt pattern on a 71 F-250 with a ford 3-speed a or c code if not what tranny or trannies should I be looking for? as I said I have a gift so all I need is the info! :driver:

·
Registered
198 Posts
You will need a C-6 with the small bellhousing for the 302, the C-6 for a FE engine will not bolt to a 302. I don't know of a adapter that will work. You should be able to find a C-6 for a 302 without to much trouble.

·
66 country sedan
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks bertha, thats what I was told by a friend but he said he wasn't sure. I'm starting to think about looking for a Mustang for the 302, and just build the original 390 for the wagon. anyone out there have one they want to sell or trade? [mustang or tranny for 302] doesn't need to be automatic just need to put things together so I can cruise! I have plenty of time and that seems to be the key to getting lucky.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts