Ford Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
what up,

I was wondering if complete door assemblies from a 94 base Probe would swap onto my 93? The reason I'm asking is because the 94's have power windows and locks, and my 93 doesn't. So would the power windows and locks work if I bolted the doors on and plugged in the harness in the jamb? Thanks for any advice.

--Agent

·
One Winged Angel
64 Posts
I'm going to work on this project soon. Anyone have a picture of a door with power window sssembly? I want to compare it to mine.

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
I believe you will have to cut mounting holes in your panels to accomodate the window and lock controls. . .

Thats just extra weight though. . . . eeewwwwwww!

:s5

·
97 Probe SE
66 Posts
I've become under the impression that ANYTHING can be done with a Probe, it's just that it require either LOTS of money, LOTS of time, or actually, lots of BOTH.

I'll bet you could pull it off!

Soon enough, I am going to be doing a little wiring excursion of my own. I'm going to attempt to wire up the "Headlight Up" button off of a totaled 93 SE. As you might (or might not) know, the wiring for the swicth in a 97 is not there. I am going to attempt to run some of the factory wires (off the 93) through the dash, and plug them into where they originally go!

If anyone has EVER did this before, or has any idea how to, let me know how it went! hopefully, I won't gank this up too bad.

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
I looked into that several years ago. . . In fact I believe I have the switch still. . . .

Couldn't do it now, as my boost controller took place of three of the false buttoms, leaving me with no free spots.

·
97 Probe SE
66 Posts
Do you mean that you DID run the wires, and got it to work, or you just bought the switch? Or maybe that you just looked into it, but never actually did it?

·
Probe Member
15 Posts
FastProbeSE1 said:
they will but it is alot of work wireing it up if you want to use the power windows
Hmmm, I'm curious what the harness in the doorjam is for??

·
One Winged Angel
64 Posts
Me too... That's why I wanna see a pic of the interior of a door with p/w

1 - 9 of 9 Posts