Ford Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Champion Goose
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The dominance of Ferrari and Schmacher in F1 is fairly obvious. Anyone think they'll be beaten in the next coupla seasons. Mercedes-Benz (lotsa problems) would be going nuts at its engineers i think as would Honda (really expected to be a force when they returned). Ford too would want to get its act together and what about Toyota?? Maybe they may be guns when they come in. BMW seem to be the only major threat it seems. I know the new teams need seasons of data, but while they are getting it as time goes on so is Ferrari. Thoughts people.

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
XAHardtop said:
The dominance of Ferrari and Schmacher in F1 is fairly obvious. Anyone think they'll be beaten in the next coupla seasons. Mercedes-Benz (lotsa problems) would be going nuts at its engineers i think as would Honda (really expected to be a force when they returned). Ford too would want to get its act together and what about Toyota?? Maybe they may be guns when they come in. BMW seem to be the only major threat it seems. I know the new teams need seasons of data, but while they are getting it as time goes on so is Ferrari. Thoughts people.
McLaren seemed unbeatable a few seasons ago until Ferarri/Schumacher got it sorted.

Don't see Toyota being a threat, the way things are going they will be battling for a couple of seasons. I read a quote that said something along the lines of Toyota making BAR's shambles of an F1 entry look masterful.

·
Australian Falcon EA Member
6 Posts
toyota won't be up there....their testing times are far too slow at the moment to even challenge the middle runners, such as BAR and Sauber. At Silverstone, they were 7 seconds behind the Minardi time which was out of the 107% time. The engine is regarded as being reliable, but down on horsepower compared to the other teams.

As for threats to ferrari...Ferrari won't be up there for ever, and i think it will probably be someone other than McLaren that will bring them down. Williams will be strong again next year, and i think Jaguar will be a dark horse. The cosworth engine is very good, regarded as being top-3 in terms of technology and power, and when Rahal left Jaguar recently, i remember him saying that the new aero guys at Jaguar had designed a 'very good car'. Hopefully better than this year's chassis which has woeful aerodynamic efficiency. Next year will prove whether several teams are going to be contenders for the title in the future.

·
Shhh, we're hunting Lions
1,610 Posts
I think if Williams-BMW can get the reliability right they will be the team to compete with Schumey, they have the most horsepower (although it wasn't in use at Spa) and two drivers that are capable of winning the championship.
I know the Ferrari is a good car I just think that Schumacher makes it better than it is, just look at Barrichello he is very rarely on the front row and he is no slouch behind the wheel.

M

·
0 Posts
I hope they keep on winning, they used to cop a lot of flack back in the old willliams honda and Maclaren honda years of domonation, now they are reaping their rightful rewards
FORZA FERRARI !!!!!!!!!

·
Australian Probe Member
841 Posts
Ford Man said:
You gotta luv that 'Ford' optimism. With ya all the way boyo!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts