Ford Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was parking down at the showground earlier tonight, but while I was paying attention to just about everything else (i.e. not hitting anyone walking nearby - it was packed), I unfortunately hit a fence post while entering the car park.

The road is narrow and so is the entrance I was using. Normally you have to swing out wide to get in there. There were cars and people everywhere, so swinging wide was not an option.

Anyway, after many swear words I've got the blood pressure back to normal, and now I need to think about getting it fixed. I need to get it fixed quickly due to a rego check next week (rego is due), and it won't pass the pink slip like that.

I was thinking about one of those Paintless Dent Removal places. They seem to offer quick service and good pricing, I'm just worried that the dent is a bit big for them to fix. Even if they can pull it pack into shape to pass rego, I can get the paint fixed later.

Any opinions on the best way to go in this situation would be greatly appreciated ?

A couple of pictures:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,657 Posts
I suspect it will be a bit outside their capabilities. Looks more like a job for a panel shop.

Cheers
Russ

·
Bourbon powered V8
4,751 Posts
That guard is stuffed anyway, so why not remove the black plastic lining from inside the guard and bash the dent out with a hammer. As long as it is reasonably straight it should pass a rego check.

Then when you want to fix it properly, get a straight panel from the wreckers and change it over (you may need an oxy to remove spot welds - not sure with the EF/ELs if they had these or just bolts).

·
Banned
3,104 Posts
Sorry mate that's too big for dent removal :aahhh:
I agree with JC - just swap the panel. That will be your cheapest and easiest option, and it's something you can do at home with a 10mm socket or spanner.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
just bolts on those panels, i undid one the other day and bent it right off, was slightly damaged, but not that much :p

·
Tickford and FPV Bloke
953 Posts
Just replace the panel, you should be able to get a white one at a wrecker somewhere, then just unclip the side indicator/aerial housing and you should be ok.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts