Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Hawthorn Supporter
1,808 Posts
That nose looks bloody sh!thouse but it looks fast!

Ferrari will have a very good car but the Bridgestone tyres will let them down.

I believe the car to beat this year will be the McLaren.

·
Bourbon powered V8
4,751 Posts
It certainly is different - looks a bit stronger than the old noses - might be good for ramming Ferraris (just in case they can't pass them).

·
Now driving an XF Falcon.
1,042 Posts
My personal opinion (your mileage may vary) is that, no matter what you think of that nose - good, bad or meh - it's good to see them doing something different. And you can bet, if it proves to be successful, you'll see it on a LOT more cars next year..

·
Bring Back Jeff Kennet
2,277 Posts
the nose isn't that different really. Fro what I can see they have just moved the two pillars to the outside...might be a bit tougher thats all.

Still very cool.

·
I am The Brain
3,073 Posts
Woohoo!! Finally I can recognise the cars are different in shape as opposed to just looking like they simply have different paint schemes.

Looks good too, which is an added bonus.

·
100 SPEED LIMITED SILVAEA
1,043 Posts
i reckon it looks shit hot tough!!

bout time there was a veriance in the shape of the bloody cars.

cheers.joe.

·
Rice Sucks
347 Posts
man thats ugly
worse than BMW's history

Hope Ferrari destroy all those Pommy wanker teams
shame on u aussies for suporting them

·
2,922 Posts
Ah, I love it! Love it! Been a Williams supporting for years, can't wait to add this one to the collection! :wnc:

The differences are that the pillars have become a more dynamic part of the nose, and the nose looks like it may have been shortened or stubbed. Here is a pic of the 2003 launch to compare.

Cheers...... Tim!

·
I am The Brain
3,073 Posts
Methodx said:
shame on u aussies for suporting them
Shame on you for supporting the egocentric Ferrari team. I wouldn't blink if I was asked which one I would support out of the 2.

·
I am The Brain
3,073 Posts
Ambrose_1 said:
Why also does everyone think all the cars look the same minus the paint?
Because to someone who doesn't follow everything to do with Formula 1 they do look exactly the same. Same as if someone saw the V8 Supercars for the first time and quickly thought the BAs and VYs looked the same. Although with them you can easily tell without too much study that they are different.

·
Just give me an excuse...
3,949 Posts
Ambrose_1 said:
Why also does everyone think all the cars look the same minus the paint?
They're different???? wow you learn something everyday...the changes on each car are so minimal that if you painted them all white you probably couldn't easily identify one from the other...the changes on the front wing on this car are the biggest style change in F1 since ferrari first introduced the 'wavy' front wing.

·
Rice Sucks
347 Posts
umm Mclaren isnt egocentric?
Ronspeak and his black satin joy boys?

Always thought Aussies loved hating the Poms and beating them at every sport, Why then support their F1 teams and soccer teams? When Australia is supposed to be a multicultural country.

The way the aussie media only shows the wrong Pommy view of F1 is terrible, anything non Pommy is made out to be the enemy.

·
goooone
2,708 Posts
Bugger they've let Chris Bangle have a go at there F1 cars too. Even Mark Skaife would say thats an odd looking nose but at least it is something different I guess.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I'm sure F1s body evolutions aren't out to win on looks. These cars are designed by computer and wind tunnel testing to extract maximum performance. Not too many years ago the nose sloped downward to meet the spoiler completely - now the underside of the nose is exposed probably to allow air to flow over the entire width of the front spoiler. BMWs new nose may be more resistant to damage - which could be useful next time Montoya has some wheel to wheel moments with Schumacher

·
Registered
904 Posts
good on them! that wasnt designed with looks in mind i can safely say. i think its good that they are trying something different.

not that this will make me start watching f1 :)

·
Registered
581 Posts
Love it!! Looks tough and sets it apart from the others. From the side it looks like it has an old fashioned low nose.

It'll create a heap of interest. Can't wait to see it at Albert Park. Hanging out for it!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts