Ford Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Hawthorn Supporter
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
www.f1-live.com

BMW-Williams' bosses are raving about Australian F1 ace Mark Webber.

The Grove-based Formula One team is on the look-out for a new driver after Juan Pablo Montoya recently confirmed his switch to rivals McLaren for 2005.

'We've always thought Mark was very good,' said Frank Williams.

Patrick Head, team technical director, added of the 27-year-old currently under-contract to Jaguar: 'It's fair to say that we rate Mark very highly.'

Webber also has links to top-team Renault through agent Flavio Briatore.

Head sees the Queanbeyan-born challenger, Webber, as a bit like Nigel Mansell, Williams' world champion of 1992 - 'a great charger,' said the Englishman.

OBLITERATED TEAM-MATE PIZZONIA

Frank Williams continues: 'In Austria last year, Mark did the fastest lap of the race on the final lap, even though he was running in something like eighth.'

Webber obliterated Williams' new tester Antonio Pizzonia as a team- mate in 2003.

'If he's the best part of a second quicker than Antonio, who was as fast as our race drivers in testing,' Head mused, 'then Mark must be pretty damn good.'

Head also lauded Webber's commitment and fitness. 'He drove some pretty good races last year. He's very committed and one of the fittest guys out there.'

Sources report that Webber has a crucial clause in his new two-year deal that would annul the contract if Jaguar does not hit certain performance targets.

·
X-TRAIL 4X4
469 Posts
Williams may want Webber

But Jag need him.

·
Skaife doing the Haka
218 Posts
Stealth00 said:
Williams may want Webber

But Jag need him.
Hmm true. But Webber should be driving a good car cause he's a good driver.

Would you drive an Ozemail car when you could drive a SBR car?

·
X-TRAIL 4X4
469 Posts
I see your point, On performance Webber deserves a better drive.

But I like the combination of Webber and Jag, but Jag is destined to be a mid field team, If only Ford weren't so tight and put in the required money so Jag could challange the front runners.

Are well here's hoping Jag have a great year so Webber can't get out of this contract due to the performance clause.

·
2nd car....XR6turbo
694 Posts
That would be awesome, my favourite driver in my favourite team.....sweeeeeeeeet!

·
X-TRAIL 4X4
469 Posts
nah stuff that. i'd like to see him beat schumacher with another team
And that team should be Jaguar.

Look out the cats on the hunt.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts