Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 316 Posts

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well peoples,

i would like to start organising another Willowbank Drag Meet. I am keen as to put my car down again

Can you please post if you are interested, and also the dates that would suit u

below is a link to the Willowbank Raceway Site, they test 'n' tune is on pretty much every Wednesday nite

http://www.willowbank-raceway.com.au/

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
im up for it,EA wont be near a road till late FEB though..but hey im up to filming it between now n then,E SERIES/FORD FORUMS DRAG MEET..

·
do YOU have rubber?
2,357 Posts
Great idea Paul! I'd like to suggest one of the test and tunes in May for a number of reasons.

1. Hopefully I'll have some more mods by then. I know many of you have thermos now and you're keen to test them out but by may I may be sporting an underdrive pulley kit and roller rockers :hehe2:

2. The air will be cooler and will help our times.

3. Joe may have something ready to run

4. It's early enough to beat the Winternationals crouds.

5. My birthday is in May

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
yeah may sounds good,im sure ppl want to be there before may though,like rollin is one of em.

i want to run my car stock,then with each mod i do,take it out and just keep bettering my time,thats my plan,so by may i shall have MPFI,ZORST,COLD AIR INDUCTION,CAM,XTRACTORS,keeping it auto though,i aint making her into a monster just a car to drive n cruise with a little more grunt..i reckon rollin will want one soon,so MARCH looks good,or late FEB,but my aim is to have mine going good for the same time as ignition,MAY!

·
oh no! I've gone ford mad
134 Posts
I'm in... just have to get a new gearbox first though... don't think I'd make it home again if I run it like it is! haha

Craig

·
formerly sikEA
2,142 Posts
Bah its a shame I'll be in sydney for this one

Hopefully I'll be back next year with something Blue Oval and with a blower...

·
Birth, Drift, Death...
3,039 Posts
i dont know if im going to the next one or the one after, depends on if i can wait till after my car gets dyno tuned or not :S will have to ring a few places and see if they can fit me in on a saturday...

there are test'n'tunes on on the 21st, 24th and the 28th of this month, i would like to go to one of them, wiether its an FF cruise or not, but i will also be going when the 'official' one is on too - have to compare times to other e-series members on the same nite :D im hunting 5.0 fairmonts :s6:

·
formerly sikEA
2,142 Posts
bah you both aint got nothing!

I'll pack up my 1700 odd Kilos of Stock I6 EL Fairmont (sorry...slightly lowered) and go hunting fooly sik Gemini's with sports exhausts.....

Phear the Phat

·
YES its a 5 Speed!!
2,242 Posts
ahhh.... just gotta love the rivalry between the e series 6's and 8's!!!!

·
do YOU have rubber?
2,357 Posts
I think I'll have to tear rollin a new arsehole at willowbank :rofl:

Mate it will be really interesting to see what the new cam and 3.9's will do!

·
Registered
847 Posts
Hopefully Im good to go with some new diff ratios too, should be interesting to say the least.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
fordmuscle_83 said:
Can an XF squeeze between you guys? Im keen to aleast spectate soon as i will be living on the goldcoast next weekend.....wooohoo!

Pete
yeah mate your welcome to come along..

also rollin you never had ignition, you never had your car,granny shifting not double clutchin like you should..(modified qoute from FnF) :angel:

SUPAROO:your right the rivalry is always there.6's and 8's hehehe

Tibbo:dont worry i'll be in a cfi 3speed i'll see you in the 17 second club too :AAHHH: :wnc:

i will put some minor mods on,to try n better my time but no huge MODS,like i said should have it all done by MAY 04,i should have a decent car running low 16's high 15's *crosses fingers* :bsr:

·
do YOU have rubber?
2,357 Posts
hoon69 said:
yeah mate your welcome to come along..

also rollin you never has ignition you never had your car,granny shifting not double clutchin like you should..
Huh? Requesting a re-phrase!

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
rephrased granted:read my now modified post:hehehaha

·
Registered
364 Posts
Are you guys serious that the EA cpi autos are that slow? I thought that one on gas would do 17's but not petrol. Wonder what my carb 4 speed manual xf will do. It only has 2.5 inch system, pacemakers and rejetted weber, so mid to low 16 would be nice.

1 - 20 of 316 Posts