Ford Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i was wondering how much to get the darkest possible tint that has a lifeitme warranty fitted by a ford dealer and do you need to give them any advance notice.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I took Tint as part of a package offered to me by the dealer through Sentry. The windows are almost the colour of the car (Silhouette, or black), and there is a lifetime warranty from bubbling etc. I took this deal when I bought the car, and it was ready when promised, with the packages inside.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also took the factory tint. It came with a lifetime warranty against colour loss, peeling, cracking, loss of optical clarity. I never had a car with tinted windows but glad I did. It cost me $450.00 through V.I.P.:hy:

·
Registered
13 Posts
I optioned for tint when i first bought my Terri and i had to take it back to a Ford Dealer twice because the bubbles did not go away even waiting for more than 8 weeks or so. The price they charged me is expensive so decided to go aftermarket. I used the same tinters a lexus dealership uses here in Sydney for $270.00 with lifetime warranty, and I will be honest with you here, the tint material used is far more superior than what was used when i picked my Terri up.

·
Registered
43 Posts
suv said:
I optioned for tint when i first bought my Terri and i had to take it back to a Ford Dealer twice because the bubbles did not go away even waiting for more than 8 weeks or so. The price they charged me is expensive so decided to go aftermarket. I used the same tinters a lexus dealership uses here in Sydney for $270.00 with lifetime warranty, and I will be honest with you here, the tint material used is far more superior than what was used when i picked my Terri up.
is that $270 for the terri? sounds very cheap, I have been quoted upwards of $400. Could you please post at least the name of the tinting company, I need to follow up on that. At that price even I can aford it. :shh:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I paid $495 in Perth for 35% tint for my Terri. could probably have had it done elsewhere a bit cheaper but through the dealer it was all done while the car finances were being arranged, so it saved me a day having it done separately. Plus by the time I bought the Terri it was 3pm with no lunch, so they got me at a weak moment.Still, the little extra was worth the less hassle.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Peter B said:
I paid $495 in Perth for 35% tint for my Terri. could probably have had it done elsewhere a bit cheaper but through the dealer it was all done while the car finances were being arranged, so it saved me a day having it done separately. Plus by the time I bought the Terri it was 3pm with no lunch, so they got me at a weak moment.Still, the little extra was worth the less hassle.
True if the dealer had offered it. Actualy I had the intention of getting tint done at the time, even mentioned it to the salesman at the biggining, just got sidetracked and forgot when we were ticking the other options.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sorry for the delay. been travelling. The tinter I used is called Unique Window Tint. The owner is Greg and you can find him on yellow pages. I dont have his business card here at the office, but if you cant find him, let me know and I will post it here.

SUV

·
Australia's No.1 SUV
161 Posts
FYI - Tinting is not a factory option/accessory on Territory. Dealers organise to fit tinting prior to delivery but have their own arrangements with tint providers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Guys , in future if any members would like window tinting please email me or call as i am a professional tinter with 23 years of experience, i have owned a few Sol-ace shops in the syd metro area , i do all sedans for $200 cash any degree of darkness, i live at Picnic Point i have done abouy 25 cars from all the boys on fordxr6 turbo forum if u need a reference and a money gaurantee if u r not happy :)
bob the tinter 0411 333 069
cheers :hy:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts