Ford Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day all,

It is raining in Sydney this evening and I just can't stand another day of windshield wipers skipping in front of my eyes. The blades/metal backing are new, the arms have been tightened. They don't chatter but rather the movement across the screen is not smooth. It is cleaning the screen well and has always occurred now matter how new or old, what brand or whatever.

Can some tech type out there give me some further ideas on what I can tighten/loosen ??

resurgam

·
Birth, Drift, Death...
3,039 Posts
what type of washer additive do you put in the washer bottle? is it straight water or do you put metho in as well? a lot of customers at work mix water and metho in the washer bottle, then complain when the wipers start skipping on the screen...

also try cleaning the screen really really well, then putting some of that Rain-X stuff on, which should make the screen a lot smoother and easier for the wipers to slide across.

·
Vroom vroom
233 Posts
Rollin, you took my suggestion!!!
Really though, when I first bought my car the blades used to shudder a bit, but I rain-xed the windscreen, and now it's great, no problems at all. Need to re-apply the rain-x about every two months or so, it costs about $6 a bottle and I reckon that would get you around 6-8 applications.
And, if it's raining and you are going above 60, you don't need your wipers so much anyway!

·
Registered
195 Posts
The motors are sealed and no need to lubricate. If you have replaced the blades (harness which holds the refill) and refills my bet is that your windscreen needs a real good clean and use a washer additive in your windscreen washer bottle. Not sure what car you drive but my dad had the same problem with his EA changed his arms as they do loose tention and put new blades on, added some washer additive and problem was fixed. PS have you got Aftermarket blades on or Original equipment.
The original equipment ones are tested for hours to ensure they run smoothly along the windscreen.
if your happy to send me your car details (include year) and address I'll send you some samples. Want be for another week as I'm on holidays.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts