Ford Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I have a little problem with my left power sliding door: when I press the button to open it, it opens but whenever I want to close it, it tries to open again. I seems it doesn't detect that it's already opened.

I figured there might be a "open" microswitch in the system somewhere but I can't find it. I'm effraid it could be a problem with the electronic controler.

Anyone with any clue would make my day!

Thanks

·
Hi-Tech Redneck
1,486 Posts
WOW! There is alot involved with the power sliding door on that model! It is powered by individual modules and a series of switches that control the doors.

If there is a fault in the system, a code will be stored that can be retrieved from a scan tool capable of getting body codes. You may have to take it to the dealer unless you can get it scanned and post the code here.

You could also try to initialize "Re-learn" the door by following these steps...........

Power Sliding Door Initialization
Disconnecting the battery or CJB fuse 6 (15A) will cause the power sliding door control module to lose memory. The power sliding door initialization procedure must be carried out before the power sliding doors will operate under all conditions. The power sliding door initialization procedure is a learning process for the module to identify the full open position and the full close position. After power is restored to the vehicle, initialize the sliding doors as follows:
Make sure both power sliding doors are fully closed and latched.
Make sure both power sliding doors are unlocked.
Make sure the vehicle is in PARK.
Make sure that the fuel filler door is closed.
Switch the overhead console power sliding door On/Off switch to On.
NOTE: The keyless entry transmitter or B-pillar switches may be used in place of the overhead console Open/Close switches to initialize the power sliding doors.

Press the driver and passenger overhead console Open/Close switches to open the driver and passenger power sliding doors.
NOTE: The keyless entry transmitter or B-pillar switches may be used in place of the overhead console Open/Close switches to initialize the power sliding doors.

After the power sliding doors are full open and stopped, press the driver and passenger overhead console Open/Close switches to close the driver and passenger power sliding doors.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey!

What are te odds of doing that reprogramming thing just by trial and error!?

I'll try that first thing tomorrow morning.

I'll let you know of anything!

Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, too bad. I seems the problem is not the "learning". I tried to reprogram the doors following the procedure (and a couple variants) but the door still won't shut.

And someone borrowed my code reader. I'll try to get it back but meanwhile, if you think of something else...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got my reader back.

There is no OBD code stored.

Today, I pressed repeatedly the button and it closed (once). I hate intermitent problems :rant: !!! It really looks like a switch or wiring problem.

If someone has an idea or a electric diagram for that system, I'd appreciate it.

·
Hi-Tech Redneck
1,486 Posts
The code reader you have probably will not read body codes. The dealerships have the proper scan tools to get body codes.

Maybe call and ask how much the diagnosis fee is?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Turns out the programming procedure was (almost) right after all...

I finally had time to work a bit more on the car. I realised that the light next to the overhead console power sliding door On/Off switch turned on only when the car was running.

I started the car, tried the procedure and voilÃ*!, working sliding doors again!

Mullet Man, you're a champ!

Thanks a lot!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
2 Participants
Johnny Mullet
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing