Ford Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just recently put an EA 'S' dash in my 1988 EA GL Falcon. I know i have to change the oil pressure switch to an oil pressure sensor as the gauge is pinned to the far right, but what i really want to know is, is there any way i can wire up the tacho without having to go from the pink/blue wire from the coil? Can i tap into the ecu to get the rpm readings and just run a wire from there? This would be much easier.

Also, how do you connect it into the lower connector on pin 8?

Information on this would be much appreciated.

·
wants a manual!
1,461 Posts
ok to plug a wire into your connecter just cut an old loom from a wreckers which has the same connectors ie the clock and use a fine bit of metal wire and try to release the tab on one of the wires in the connector (this can be tricky) then just extend the wire with other wire from dick smith and plug the connector into you instrument loom. as for connecting the wire just run the wire into the engine bay through the access hole which is plugged up with a rubber plug and is above the pedals. there are also numerous places to put it too such as the coil, TFI module or the diagnosis plug. the plug would be the closest option. it would acctually be harder to put it onto the ecu loom.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that John! Might have a go when the weather is better over, at least someone could answer my post.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts